English Premier League Season 2023/24

In theory this thread is purely the Premiership where ‘banter’* is allowed whereas the other is for all other leagues and no / limited banter is allowed, thou there does seem to be some crossover of clubs ‘ leagues at times…thinking of introducing a yellow card / red card approach for consistent offenders😳

*some people may hold the belief that the banter is mean / ill intended / childish etc therefore do not wish to see it in a thread…me, I like a little banter (I maybe childish but not mean😎) and happy to scroll past stuff that doesn’t interest me (just like on other threads)

4 Likes

In a way, I find all of this – our farcical transfer window – quite reassuring as a fan. All this preposterousness of winning silverware is way too alien for me. Man U cast offs like Slabhead on mega wages and flogging all our best players (looks like Paqueta might go to Citeh, but at least he’s going to the best team in the world, unlike the other bloke who went to the North London Bottlers) is much more West Ham. As an added bonus, there’s no sign of any strikers!

It’s good to be back.

4 Likes

Beeb are telling me you have just signed JW-P for £30M.

Given that our only chance of scoring goals comes from set pieces, JWP is probably a good signing.

And Maguire can be a real threat from set-pieces, Kev. £60m for both JW-P and Maguire seems reasonable in the current inflated market. Although Maguire has had a lot of stick from fans and the media, if he’s asked to play in a way that suits his strengths I think he can be very effective. He’s an old-fashioned ‘stopper’ and good at it. Ask him to play out from the box and there’s a good risk of a mistake. I’m sure Moyes knows all this.

2 Likes

Indeed Mike. Slabhead is surplus to requirements at Man U, and has become a meme/figure of fun, but he could prosper under Moyesiah – hopefully he will have a point to prove (he’ll want to retain his England place too) and will really get the bit between his teeth at European trophy winners West Ham. My big concern is around his ludicrously inflated wage packet and his lack of pace.

The other good thing about HM is that he’s a leader (and so is JWP, come to that). With Nobes retired, that other guy who left recently, Cress wanting out and Oggy nearing the end of his career, leadership on the pitch is a real problem. That might be resolved now.

1 Like

Maguire is useless with his head. Well he has been for united. 4 goals in 118 games! Having said that Man U have been useless from set pieces for years. Casemiro is the best we have. We improved last year. Well that’s how it seemed.

Atb
Kk

1 Like

West Ham supporters trying to convince themselves that ol’ slabhead is a good signing Declan Rice and Paqueta out HM and JWP in.

Who needs all that continental playing out from the back hoof it up to ol’ Slabhead and he can win a few free kicks for JWP perhaps they can resurrect the old love train routine.

What’s is noticeable is the eth has or is trying to get rid of anyone who can’t play out from the back or take the ball in right spots. De gea. Slab head, mc t, Fred. All are useless facing their own goals and taking the ball on the half turn.

Atb
Kk

Blimey are you Norman Collier in disguise?

2 Likes

He he

Atb
Kk

16/1 on them beating Arsenal this weekend

1 Like

Forum members league set up in Fantasy league if anyone on forum cares to join…’The Flatearthers’.

Joining code is i02txj

Surely Rice should be applauded for going to Arsenal rather than taking the easy option at City?
He wouldn’t have got ahead of Rodri this or maybe even next season so could’ve been stuck on the bench…just look what happened with Calvin Phillips.

@TheKevster

One to watch, particular nice moment at approx 3mins :sunglasses:

1 Like

It’s not being questioned why he didn’t go to City, it’s being questioned (and is just baffling) why he did sign for the Bottlers !!!

:roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Because he went to win finals like the charity shield …rice rice baby :flushed:

1 Like

And the alternative was?