English Premier League Season 2023/24

How do I do that? I’ve registered at the PL Fantasy site, but don’t see anywhere I can join The Flatearthers using the details you shared. Yes, I’m that clueless…

Click on Join a league & Cup

Then click on Join Invitational League & Cup and pop the code in the new grey box that pops up.

Or just use the link below(!):

2 Likes

I seem to recall that the hallowed Wenger often used to moan when teams played that way against his side, particularly when those tactics worked, Bob. I’m thinking Bolton, Stoke etc.

Ultimately football is about winning and it is a wise manager who sets his side up to maximise the strengths that his players have, even if that means the tactics aren’t easy on the eye. I tend to have more respect for those managers that can get good results from players recruited on a tight budget than those managers that can shop at Harrods and buy the World’s best talent. In my view the former is harder than the latter.

All that said, I’d be very happy if my club could shop at Harrods. :grinning:

3 Likes

Pleased to see Gary O’Neil pick up another PL job so quickly. I thought Bournemouth treated him very badly. He will though have his work cut out, being appointed just a few days before the start of the season but I hope he keeps Wolves out of trouble.

4 Likes

Maguire has a habit of scoring against us too. So that might change the complexion of our game in August

1 Like

Arteta built a squad from young up and coming talent Ramsdale, Saliba, Tierney, Zinchenko and Timber cost in the £30 million range Martinelli cost £8 million and Academy players Saka, Smith Rowe, Nelson and Nketiah of course cost nothing . It was only with the acquisition of Tomas Partey, Ben White, Jesus, Havertz and Rice that the club really splashed out.

Arteta inherited a club that was failing and full of over paid and over priced players three years later only three non academy players Kieran Tierney, Rob Holding, Elneny remain from that squad of course he now oversees one of the two most valuable squads in the world valued at over £1 billion but it wasn’t a case of there is a cheque book buy who you like.

The most valuable squads to win several sky awards and nothing else in the world. Do me a favour

Atb
Kk

3 Likes

Okay the season is upon us let’s have your predictions.

1. Arsenal
  2. The Cheats
  3. Liverpool
  4. Aston Villa

The following 5 places will be made up of Chelsea, Man Utd, Newcastle, Spurs and Brighton and Hove Albion in no particular order.

The logical alternatives were - Champions League winners City or stay at Euro winners West Ham.

Not a bunch of bottlers.

1 Like

Ya just spent 250 million spondoolahs, for gords sake !!!

Ya trying to buy the league :rofl:

1 Like

Are you capable of having a normal conversation or does everything have to turn into a poor attempt at “banter”?

Bantz Iz Good.

You could always go to the other, banter-free, footy thread. It’s great over there. If you like tumbleweed.

4 Likes

I was being honest. City was really the logical move.

Going to Arsenal made no sense. Arsenal have shown that, even with their new aquisitions they just don’t have enough to win the Prem. or Champions League. Mental strength lacking and a weak coach IMHO.

1 Like

:rofl:

1 Like

I remember a dot com list like that.

Do me a favour

Atb
Kk

1 Like

OK @Bobthebuilder, I’ll bite.

1. Tartan Diego Simeone’s Massive Euro Trophy Winning Cockney Bastards.
  2. The Villa.
  3. Burnley & Kompany.
  4. Don’t Care.
  5. Don’t Care.
  6. Don’t Care.
  7. Don’t Care.
  8. Don’t Care.
  9. Don’t Care.
  10. Don’t Care.
  11. Don’t Care.
  12. Crystal Palace.
  13. Don’t Care.
  14. Don’t Care.
  15. Don’t Care.
  16. Don’t Care.
  17. Don’t Care.
  18. Spuds.
  19. Chels.
  20. Lego Head’s Excitable Knicker-Wetting Gooners.
5 Likes

The “bantz” here is mostly certain people talking out of their backsides.

1 Like

Well nobody’s forcing you to stick around, are they?

Why not just admit it – YOU LOVE THE BANTZ!

1 Like

If you are a football fan and want to see two very good English Premier League sides going toe to toe then watch the re run of the Community Shield final on ITV catch up especially the last 15 minutes of the first half.