English Premier League Season 2023/24

And as someone on the receiving end of 99.9% of the banter I say bring it on.

4 Likes

Yeah. With barely more posts than the thread on the womenā€™s world cup, the level of interest is clear. And the EFL started last week!

Maybe discussion of ā€˜Hollywoodā€™ Wrexham is an acquired taste.

3 Likes

Manchester City
Manchester United
Chelsea
Arsenal

My team, Newcastle, to finished 6th, after the dirty scousers. If Villa finish in the top 4, in the worlds of the great Les Dennis on Family Fortunes, ā€œIā€™ll give you the money myself!ā€

Iā€™ll be in the pub at 11.30 on Saturday and will be singing my heart out in my seat in the East Stand, come 5.30 pm.

Whatever happens, I wish you all the best cheering on your respective teams on this season :black_heart::white_heart:

1 Like

If Isak stays fit and Tonali plays to his potential (which is huge), I see another top-4 finish for the Magpies.

Man City
Man U
ARSEnal
Villa

Some mistake Kev? Surely Palace at 11th? Or 13th?

2 Likes

Although to be fair Bob, you do bring it on yourself!

2 Likes

I think Bob deserves a Sky award for how well he sets up the gags for us to hit home (and in the main takes it in good humour) :joy:

2 Likes

Yep. Heā€™s brave setting himself up for the banter so often.

1 Like

Ok.

1. Citeh
  2. Yanitid
  3. Chelsea (Poch power)
  4. Arsenal

Our lot 8th.
Spammers 12th.

Iā€™ve no dog in this but canā€™t help noticing that a certain Spuds fan spends all his time in this thread trolling the Gooner rather than bigging up his own teamā€¦:thinking::thinking:

3 Likes

Mate Iā€™ve supported this club for 40 odd years Iā€™ve experienced a lot more heartache than not and a lot more mediocrity than not 20 years without a Premier League trophy and last season despite falling short at the end because of injury, squad depth and being chased by arguably the best team in a generation I saw my team play some of the most exciting football Iā€™ve seen in a very long time and Iā€™m going to enjoy it and if other supporters donā€™t like the way Iā€™m enjoying I donā€™t care.

Itā€™s part of the job description when you become a Spurs fan.

Believe me, Arsenal fans dish out the same to us. In fact, itā€™s worse, due to the current health of both clubsā€¦ ah hum.

Best form of defence is attack.

Ask Ange.

Wish I could Svetty - but have you seen our lot recently ? ā€¦ :worried:

1 Like

I enjoy lurking on this thread but arenā€™t invested in a particular team. I have a moderate interest in football as most blokes do but it doesnā€™t go further than that for me.
I do support English teams in European competitions throughā€¦:thinking::slightly_smiling_face:

Best not to follow my teamā€™s fortunes this seasonā€¦ :rofl:

1 Like

Itā€™s a bit of a tough start for the Toon this season, so in case things get glum, I kept a couple of games on my Fubo account from last season. I can always re-watch that Spurs game over and overā€¦.

2 Likes

Manchester United have not strengthened Mason Mount is no United No7 and isnā€™t even as good as Christian Eriksen, the Kamikaze Keeper isnā€™t half the keeper David Dā€™Gea is and the Rasmus Hojlund Ā£70 million transfer smells of desperation plus his back injury is far more serious than at first thought and could see him out for 6-8 weeks. Relying on the ETH factor isnā€™t enough.

Chelsea are a bit of a wild card but will Poch be able to get a tune out of a lot of young and very expensive players so quickly, how will they respond to his high octane and brutal training methods and his no nonsense my way or the high way management style plus the injuries to Nkunku and Fofana leave them again without a main striker.

Though Liverpool needed a total rebuild of that ageing midfield theyā€™ve completely decimated it all at once so the signing of Lavia is key for them and is a must and though they are very strong upfront their defence is still suspect and needs some surgery.

The Spuds to have even a slim chance of a European spot must keep Kane but for me itā€™s a huge mistake to do so getting a Ā£100 million now to spend rather than nothing and loosing him to Chelsea or Man U next summer is just madness. Every Spud fan I know is labouring under the illusion that he will sign a new contract next summer.

Newcastle will again do very well but CL football may hurt their chances of another top four finisn Tonali is a great signing.

Villa are my wild card as are Brighton and depending on who the Super Seagulls sign either could do a Newcastle and get into the top four Emeryā€™s experience in Europe could be a double edged sword if they go on a run.

All you Arsenal haters are praying last season was a one off, that was their they all cried all the other teams will strengthen. We will see.

1 Like

Details of the David Raya sale have come out today Arsenal are taking him on loan at a cost of
Ā£3 million for the season with an option to buy for Ā£27 million at the end of the season.

Very clever deal for Arsenal a try before you buy and an option to buy for Ā£13 million less than the Ā£40 million Spurs, Man Utd, Chelsea and Bayern Munich where quoted and the same price the Spuds ended up paying for the Italian Lloris they bought.

Nkunkuā€™s injury is a major blow, his link up play with Nic Jackson in the friendlies was a thing of joy. Jackson will be the main striker though with young Mason Burstow being kept in the main team as back up after looking promising in pre season.

There is chat of Maatsen going out on loan again, I hope not, he ā€˜s ready. Whoever borrows the Italian Stallion and our little Angel from Santos will be getting quality youngsters.

Caicedo does now look like itā€™s happening.