English Premier League Season 2023/24

8 Likes

A little bit of banter

3 Likes

Multiple Fallon d’floor winner Harry Kane signs for Bayern

5 Likes

At least now he can return to his one true love.

Why not? Every Essex kid dreams of one day winning the Bundesliga…

He could in fact win the first trophy of his career this afternoon!

I know why bother especially when you’ve already got the Audi cup and the Tiger Cup under your belt

You lot put too much emphasis on team trophies importance to the legacy of a player.

John O’Shea won 5 Premier League titles, a Champions League winners medal and a FIFA World Club winners medal, along with lots of other stuff.

Is he remembered as one of the greatest players… ?

Keano is not allowed to answer.

Individual awards say much more about a player.

John o Shea never won a sky award so can not be considered great.

Atb
Kk

4 Likes

He also didn’t win a World Cup winners medal…

Good spot, un petit faux pas :rofl:

Amended to ‘World Club’ champions !!

So Harry has gone. And to be honest he goes with the blessings of most Spurs fans. He’s had to put up with such dross over the last few seasons, literally carrying us at times. He deserved better.

Sadly, the club let Harry down with its lack of activity in building a competitive team, after it was clear Poch’s team needed a rebuild. Last season was the final straw - painful for Harry and us fans - it was turgid.

Good luck to him at Bayern.

4 Likes

I realised afterwards that was probably what you meant. I do take your overall point though, and compare Shearer to Kane - both could have won more trophies with ‘better’ clubs. Loyalty is important though…

I think the PL will miss Kane, not only is he a great goalscorer, he is also a very good footballer.

3 Likes

What rubbish, you employed two of the most successful young managers of the modern era in Conte and Mourinho and where 5th in the net spend table over the paste 5 years with ÂŁ402 million net spend.

And saying individual awards say more about a player is rubbish so would Harry Kane swap his Golden Boots for PL winners medals of course he would.

3 points for The Arsenal against Forest off to a winning start, a brilliant bit of skill by Martinelli set up an Eddie Nketiah goal and then a sublime finish by Saka for the second.

Well done to Forest they had a plan sat back for 75 minutes before bringing on some attacking players and nicking a consolation but 2-1 very much flattered them. No doubt they’ll nick the odd draw against lesser teams but they again look favourites for a relegation fight.

Joking apart , your comments are fair. He is a better player than they were a team

1 Like

Palace in 4th place, just behind Arsenal, after beating Sheffield. Europe here we come!

TOP OF THE LEAGUE :blue_heart::white_heart::blue_heart::white_heart::soccer::soccer:

For at least the next 90 mins :grinning:

Tartan Diego Simeone’s Massive Euro Cup Winning Cockney Bastards could only manage a draw and consequently currently launguish in 7th.

MOYES OUT!

Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiirronnnnssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!

Villa getting spanked by Newcastle.

5-1. We’re no longer top !