English Premier League Season 2023/24

De Zerbi out!!!

Great to be back for year 38 at the madhouse. A great win, and performance.

For those of us who actually support our teams, and go to the games, I hope you’ve had a great day out :+1:

4 Likes

Some really crap players have Premier League winning medals. Means nothing.
Think about it really really hard.
It’s a team award.

1 Like

Maybe he would. But if you read my post carefully without any knee-jerk response, you will notice I talk about a player’s legacy, not his ego.

Harry Kane is playing for Bayern as we speak it’s a free live stream on Sky Sports you tube channel and they are loosing 3-0 to RBL.

Curse of Harry.

Bayern should have bought the Leipzig striker who has a hat-trick !!!

What’s German for Timber?

1 Like

Runter Gefallen.

1 Like

Just changed my top 4 prediction. Newcastle 4th
Arsenal 5th

2 Likes

They were trying to help Harry settle by giving him the sort of result he’s used to.

1 Like

Sat down to watch my first game of EPL in 5 years and there’s a delay due to no water at the grounds. Apparently a game yesterday was delayed due to the turnstiles.

Good to go, I hope the bar is closed till the waters back on. :flushed:

Probably not enough money in the EPL to maintain the stadiums properly.

there’s a delay due to no water at the grounds. Apparently a game yesterday was delayed due to the turnstiles.

Pete, the grounds involved belong to Tottenham and Arsenal respectively. Both are small clubs, with a rather slapdash, amateur approach. Once they win some silverware and grow their fanbases a little, they should have some money to invest in proper water and e-ticketing systems.

7 Likes

You can geographically join us with the Spuds and not to far away your own club but allowing for a bit of piss taking I still feel the need to point out that during the time it took you win your tin pot Happy Shopper Cup Arsenal had won.

First Division/Premier League Championship 1988/89, 1990/91, 1997/98, 2001/02, 2003/04

FA Cup, 1978/79, 1992/93, 1997/98, 2001/02, 2003/04, 2004/05, 2013/14, 2014/15, 2016/17, 2019/20

Fa League Cup, 1986/87, 192/93

Charity Shield, 1991, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2004, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2020, 2023

Uefa Cup Winners Cup, 1993/94

I’m only a thick bricklayer but I reckon that’s 28 trophies to your one and we’ve actually won another trophy with your ex captain since you won your tin pot Happy Shopper Cup.

And even more embarrassing is that the Spuds have actually won six more trophies that you during that period. That is proper f****** sad.

1 Like

It’s like shooting fish in a barrel. Easy, just too, too easy.

5 Likes

You Danny Dyeresque plastic wannabe Cockney Geezers are just too funny.

4 Likes

INVINCIBLES !!!

Unbeaten in the league !

Now we just need 39 more points…

Well that was interesting. Chelsea and Liverpool clearly both moving forward, possibly biased but Chelsea look like they have the more to come of the two.

A great shame we lost Nkunku for a few months, he gave the team terrific dynamics and shape in the pre season games.

Enzo was a class act and Gallagher clearly had all 3 Weetabix this morning. Silva is the youngest 39 year old Prem player I’ve ever seen!

Why we’re packing Kepa off is beyond me, he’s much better than he was a few years back and Sanchez wasn’t convincing.

£115m for Caicedo though? It’s a position we need to fill but there must be more cost effective options…

2 Likes

Nice bit of Sunday afternoon entertainment that.
Feel like both teams demonstrated why they are trying to sign Caicedo!

Looks like you got your man though, just four weeks after you had a £60 mill bid rejected… Brighton really are the masters at this :rofl: