English Premier League Season 2023/24

Tottenham’s fan base has just grown by one. I use to support Chelsea but find their seemingly entitled attitude turns me off. Also have follow Ange Postecoglou‘s progress. :grin:

4 Likes

Wow Pete, you’ve just doubled their support! :joy:

2 Likes

I’ll just put something to bed we at Arsenal have the strangest and yes some are cringey and muggy fan base in the league.

According to some we didn’t quite win in the correct way???

Arteta should stop faffing about and just play the same team as last year??? Yes the one that didn’t win anything. Yes the one who with two. key injuries threw away an 8 point lead and yes the one that had to play 75% of the team in every PL match and looked dead on their feet in the season run in.

And best of all an hour before he got humiliated up at St James Park,

If Unai had been given the resources Arteta has we would have won the champions league by now.

Mental.

He does look like the latest in the Makele, Kante role that thrive at Chelsea, whoever the manager, but I can’t believe he’s the only player in world football, let alone the English leagues, capable of filling that brief.

Excellent game at Stamford Bridge yesterday could have gone either way.

That’s now £800m that TB has spent since he arrived :roll_eyes:

If he does fill that gap and gets you back to the CL and challenging The Cheats for the title then it’s money well spent.

If contract rumours are true until 2031 with the option of another year that is surely in breach of the new rules. Caicedo though must be laughing no wonder he choose you a guaranteed 8 or so million a year for 8/9 years his 15 siblings will now all be sorted at least.

We can sign them for as long as we like, the cost can only be spread for 5 years. Is it 5? Not sure if that’s the rule yet anyway?

If it is, I bet the accountants find another route anyway.

Much of it supporting the Brighton & Hove professional poker circle.

2 Likes

10 Likes

Oh ok didn’t realise.

FIFA rules limit contracts to 5 years max unless national rules permit otherwise, which I think they do for the EPL.

However, amortisation of fees is limited to a maximum of 5 years, even if contract is longer.

1 Like

To be more accurate (and pedantic), on April 1st, Arsenal had an 8 point lead and ended the season. a few weeks later, 5 points behind Citeh. That’s dropping a whopping 13 points to your rivals.

1 Like

4 Likes

Please tell me slab head has left the building.

Atb
Kk

8 Likes

You’re stuck with him until he takes a pay cut.

He deserves a pay cut! He could do well somewhere else but he never did enough for united for that money.

Atb
Kk

1 Like

Ps pogba and many others but they all seem to be on their way now.

Atb
Kk

1 Like

Probably gonna get ‘save of the season’ :rofl: