English Premier League Season 2023/24

Lavia seems to have chosen Poch over Klopp now too.

Something rotten in The State of Anfield?

1 Like

Struggling to understand how Klopp thinks ÂŁ65m is ok for Lavia and ÂŁ100m + for Caicedo but ÂŁ83m too much for Bellingham. A bit bizarre

2 Likes

1 Like

Ooooh that’s a bit near the knuckle.

That’s the way to do it…

2 Likes

Man U fortunate to win this evening. I thought Wolves looked the more cohesive team. Also thought Wolves were unlucky in not getting penalty in injury time - the keeper clearly wiped out the Wolves player and got nowhere near the ball. Why VAR didn’t see that as ‘an obvious error’ defeats me.

9 Likes

Because the upper hierarchy are always ‘favoured’ by refs. The vast majority of contentious VAR/ref decisions go in their favour.

I’m not suggesting the game is bent…

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I’m a ManU fan and totally agree with you. They were shocking in virtually every position, whereas Wolves were excellent apart from not being able to put the ball in the net. The penalty decision was totally mystifying. Rashford seems to have reverted to his two-year ago persona, rather than last year. Apart from Fernandes’ pass to set up the goal, the entire midfield were very poor all night, running in blind alleys and losing the ball constantly. On another night, Wolves could and should have won at least 4-1.

2 Likes

New signing Jurrien Timber after just one game is now injured for several
Months after years without injury at Ajax he plays one PL game and is crocked.

Still at least we have Zinchenko back to replace him.

Looks like Man U really are stuck with him as WHU have now walked away due to his prolonged dithering. Reported that he was after ÂŁ7m from MU to compensate for reduced wages at Irons. Seems a fairly short sighted view from him as Southgate has already told him that his England place conditional on more EPL
playing time. Can’t see how this is going to help him

1 Like

Chance would be a fine thing Andy! Last season was the first year since 1962 that I failed to see a single Newcastle home game. Having had a season ticket for many years I finally gave it up due to the frustration of contributing money to Mike Ashley’s cynical neglect of our club.
Though it is a poor substitute, I thoroughly enjoyed seeing a brilliant performance via Sky. With the benefit of having dinner with my wife afterwards rather than a couple of hours drive home.
Still buzzing with excitement at the prospect of what this team can achieve. Enjoy!

1 Like

Yes, tickets are very hard to come by nowadays. The Ashley days were horrible, and tested my resolve to the extreme. A lot of my mates left during that period, never to return. :crossed_fingers:for another great season ahead.

I’ve just read that the officials who didn’t award the penalty last night, will miss the games at the weekend as a punishment.

I’m sorry, but that simply isn’t good enough. The authorities really need to sort this out…

2 Likes

Again another privileged point of view from you Andy get your head out of your back side and into the real world.

Think they were the same set that got rebuked for their performance at Spurs-Brighton last season. Would have thought they’d have been given some training!

1 Like

Agreed . Small consolation to Wolves as that wrong VAR decision probably cost them a point.

2 Likes

As an independent watcher, I think the VAR team need a trip to a police college/training school, so as to understand the definition of ‘common assault’ and other offences.

The 'keeper’s words were pathetic IMV – sometimes I get the ball, sometimes I don’t (or somesuch). That’s akin to saying sometimes when I go in studs-up I make contact, sometimes I don’t, it doesn’t matter.

It always used to be that if a 'keeper comes and doesn’t get there, they get what comes. So, what’s changed?

Thanks Bob, very constructive. Try being nice! How you manage to alienate absolutely everyone on here is quite a gift…

1 Like

Wish I worked for a company that tells me to have the weekend off when I make a mistake!

3 Likes

Looks like Harry is show bad judgement, not for the first time.