English Premier League Season 2023/24

Man U smashed it last night. Great performance! Stroll in the park.

Atb

Kk

Glad to see the Refs clamping down on Players and Managers for poor behaviour. Could be great fun.

Bollocks - Chelsea about to sign Michael Olise from us. Why donā€™t they just buy every player in EPL ( apart from slab head) and be done with it

1 Like

It seems that for the most part we are buying Didier Deschamps World Cup winning team of 2026. With a few others thrown in.

Tbf Olise did move from Chelsea in the first place, heā€™s only coming home againā€¦

1 Like

Indeed - although I think he was let go rather than moved of his own volition! Anyway, for Ā£35m I think you have a bargain compared to some of your more recent purchases

I believe weā€™ve lent you Lewis Hall for the season. Proper decent player he is.

Indeed he is! Cheers (although would rather have kept Olise)

Thatā€™s not alienating people who cannot afford to go to games? How much do you pay for your season ticket? And someone who cannot afford to pay that is less of a fan than you in your book are they?

There is a 40 year waiting list for a season ticket at Arsenal and online tickets go for between Ā£150-Ā£450 depending on the match so someone who cannot pay that isnā€™t a real fan in your book.

Iā€™m not a season ticket holder but have followed my team home , away and abroad for 40 years but now cannot afford to spend Ā£500 to take myself and my nephew to a game am I less of a fan Andy.

I spent hundreds on Tv subs and kits each year am I less of a fan?

And Iā€™m alienating you?

1 Like

14 Likes

With respect (though not much) Bob, if you had followed Arsenal ā€œhome, away and abroad for 40 yearsā€ you would NOT now be on a 40 year waiting list for tickets. That is utter nonsense.

Iā€™ve been going to SJP since 1976, and have had a season ticket, in the same seat, for 38 seasons. I get it that some people canā€™t afford to go to matches regularly (or canā€™t now get tickets). But, also, many people make a choice not to go to matches regularly.

My ST costs Ā£562, since you asked. This is on a discounted scheme, and will rise to c.Ā£850 next year, so back to the ā€˜properā€™ price.

I will pay it. Football comes first. I fully appreciate that Iā€™m lucky to afford it, but itā€™s incredible that I have to defend myself to someone who spouts opinions/vitriol to people who actually go to the games, when they donā€™t! Have a great season though Bob; I like Arsenal and think theyā€™ll go close again. :+1:

LFC to sign Elvis Costello, as he does not want to go to Chelsea. :joy:

17 Likes

:joy: :+1:

Oh, btw, that 5 year amortisation rule thatā€™s come in is a UEFA one for clubs playing in European competition.

Apparently, as weā€™re not in Europe this year, it doesnā€™t apply to Chelsea yet :rofl::grinning::wink:

Silver linings and all that!

2 Likes

Firstly Iā€™m not a liar Iā€™ve been going to matches home away and abroad and on many occasions have had to sit in with the home supporters at away games. I did not say that I was on a waiting list for season tickets I said there is a waiting list of 40 years.

Going to matches does not make you more of a supporter than someone who doesnā€™t it just makes you more fortunate supporter thatā€™s all and if you cannot see that then there is no point arguing.

2 Likes

Pochettino managed one of the most expensive teams ever assembled at PSG lost the title in first season only the second time theyā€™ve lost in 12 seasons failed to win the CL and was sacked after 18 months, across 14 years and with 5 teams heā€™s managed just two trophies both with PSG.

So the Ā£800 million is no guarantee of success in Pochā€™s hand expect the managerial merry go round to continue at Chelsea with returns of both Mourinho and Conte in the next few years.

The refereeing madness has begun and as I predicted above Andre Onana will be a liability at United amazing with ball at his feet but erratic in every other area.

A stand has to be taken regarding points lost by the these ridiculous referees supposing Wolves get relegated due to those lost points.

1 Like

Complete incompetence is one thing, but I worry more whether the same decision would have been reached if the incident had happened at the other end of the pitch.

2 Likes

What they used to do was denote them to the National League until the latter rightly protested. It was interesting though to see that when faced with football as a contact sport rather than endless variants on ballet those same officials were absolutely outstanding without exception.

Itā€™s very easy to blame officials nowadays but essentially a game within a game has been created and it requires humans to make judgements on events which run at speeds which are near impossible.

A notable absentee from the Premiership is finding his feet (before losing them again)

8 Likes

Considering the number of basic grammatical and spelling mistakes I witness on this thread, I think we all should tread carefully hereā€¦ :wink:

There. I tells ya strait.

2 Likes