English Premier League Season 2023/24

We should be good for roles as Football commentators then. I literally shout at the TV every time someone uses “them” instead of “those” as in “he’s got to get them crosses into the box”.

1 Like

Chrissy Waddle:- “he’s went that way, and the defenders went that way”. Priceless.

1 Like

Any chance the late kick off and heat in Athens tonight will tire out City before the weekend? Asking for a friend

3 Likes

Vamos Sevilla!!!

I can only assume footballers, management and commentators are all in it together and deliberately misuse was and were. They was, he were…Drives me nuts. Street innit.

Nah, we’ll be fresh as daisies having won the European Super Cup!

And another bit of silverware for City!

1 Like

Welcome to The Arsenal David Raya.

Jurrien Timber has an ACL injury and is out for at least 6 months, gutted.

Again The Cheats are not looking great at the start of another season against us in the CS they weren’t great and last night against Sevilla they looked quite poor and even though 3-0 looked like a comprehensive win against Burnley I thought the scoreline really flattered them especially first half.

Yes I’m clutching at straws but they also have the World Club Cup competition to come this winter so I’m hoping someone can get at them this season I’m looking at the other teams in the division and with the additions they’ve just made it’s probably going to be us and Chelsea.

I wouldn’t rule out Newcastle from your list Bob

1 Like

You didn’t look that great yourself against Forest, so don’t get too far ahead of yourself.
Mind you, my lot were absolutely appalling versus Wolves, so I’m under no illusion about their chances either.

1 Like

We dominated Forest for 60 or 70 minutes scored two world class goals.

Arteta has to try and rotate this season to avoid a repeat of last years drop off and that means different formations he decide to try something different against Forest and their very low block by playing Partey at right back so he could invert and overload ad the midfield.

Admittedly Arteta should have made changes earlier but it’s 3 points and we move on.

Agreed they are a fantastic side if they can negotiate the extra CL games they are definitely in with a shout.

They comprehensively trashed Villa and with Tonali may well have one of the best players in the EPL this season

1 Like

I admire your loyalty Bob but the general view of the pundits was that was a far from convincing win by Arsenal and against a decent team that performance would have got you a draw or worse. Fortunately you get to play a better team when you come to us on Monday :wink:

1 Like

Yes but the point is that against a better team Arteta wouldn’t play Partey at right back and. leave Gabriel on the bench. It was a tactical change and a chance to try a new formation.

Monday night Partey will partner Rice in midfield and we will have four across the back in a 4-3-3.

Liverpool FC are reportedly interested in signing Harry Maguire.
But Chelsea say " they are not falling for that one"! :rofl:

7 Likes

You were saying…,

Yep, shame for us, he’s a decent lad. I suppose it’s good biz for FFP reasons and the competition at Chelsea will be fierce. Defo one for England in the future. I hope he shines at Newcastle.

1 Like