English Premier League Season 2023/24

Foden showing he’s a much better player than Saka.

A couple of seasons ago, Saints were in position 1 for about a day. The SFC website put up a tongue-in-cheek post, referencing a certain presidential election, and showing the top of the table with the caption, “Stop the count!”

Enjoy it Si!

2 Likes

Why not. Dreams very occasionally come true. (from a Leicester fan).

2 Likes

Hey ww,

I only watched the first half and I thought Man U were the better team for 30 mins. With spurs looking to play on the break. Didn’t see the second half. Sound like I missed an epic game?! Seen this so many times with Man U. If they don’t score they seem to run out of energy and ideas. As soon a I saw rashford up front I knew what was coming. We need the new guy up and running and rashford back on the left.

Enjoy your win ww.

Atb
Kk

1 Like

Newcastle didn’t really come out of their shell first half and then second half when The Cheats slackened off a bit they didn’t take advantage but in the end after last weeks excitement Newcastle got to see the level that they need to aspire to.

And as for Foden being a much better player than Saka it’s a bit like comparing Ryan Giggs and Dennis Bergkamp it’s a ridiculous statement. Foden with KDB out is playing in his best position and he is better in that position than Bukayo Saka but Bukayo Saka is a better winger than Foden.

Foden should be playing in Martin Odegaard’s position for England just in front of Rice and Bellingham, Rashford on the left Saka on the right and Kane through the middle.

That would work :grinning:

Well it’s hardly ground breaking prime Guardiola tactics but it should work :grinning:

1 Like

Well, based on 45 minutes today, Sterling might be back in contention. I’m not his no.1 fan clearly and even today’s play sees him on the deck too many times but he’s been a constant threat.

We need 60 min subs too :grinning:

Agree. I’ve never been a Sterling fan but his first-half performance was the best I’ve seen him play.

Otoh, the second half has seen him go awol again.

Bizarre, completely different cast list but same problem. Can’t score. And Mudryk has a bent foot.

Brighton really makes mugs out of Chelsea don’t they? Blimey.

Unbelievable. Poch out. And he can take Caicedo with him. He’s useless!

2 Likes

Turns out that a costly penalty actually costs £115m

@TheKevster

Say “thank you”. (JW-P two assists!) :laughing:

4 Likes

Thank you Chelsea for taking this week’s “Muppets of the Week” award off my shower (ManU).

Chelsea are the new ManU

1 Like

He’s a great signing, I have to say! Very happy with him. Already a crowd favourite.

Dire first half, brilliant second – the Tartan Diego Simeone’s Massive Euro Cup Winning Cockney Bastards were better when we were down to 10 men. Typical West Ham!