After they got rid of rice pudding it hasnā€™t surprised me

Atb
Kk

2 Likes

Those two ex-Saints doing well thenā€¦ā€¦ :grinning:

Edit: three if you count Danny on the bench :laughing:

1 Like

Noooooooooooo

In fairness, a great game and both teams played well. First goal was a brain fart from us, but WH clinical with their chances. Goalie made 2 or 3 world class saves at the end.

Fun day. Sunshine. Beers. No points. More beers :grinning::beer::beer:

Canā€™t complain !

4 Likes

Thomas Partey is not a right back inverted or otherwise he is a defensive midfielder now I get that weā€™ve just paid Ā£105 million for a defensive midfielder who has been our player of the season so far by the way but Iā€™m sure Partey and Rice can work in a pivot swapping from number 6 to a number 8.

And if you want an inverted full back then there is the best one in the league on the bench Zinchenko who was brilliant when he came on. Arteta got his starting line up all wrong yesterday his substitutions where brilliant and individual errors are not his fault but start that line up next week and we could be in trouble.

Stop trying to shoe horn Kai Havertz into the starting eleven because itā€™s unbalancing the formation use him sparingly as a sub until you have trained your way of playing into him.

1 Like

For the first time ever (on football) I agree with you Bobā€¦

Itā€™s hilarious how Arsenal are somehow trying to find a place for Havertz and justify the ridiculous transfer fee.

Also, Arteta hasnā€™t a clue about team selection.

Not that Iā€™m complaining.

1 Like

Chelsea never cracked it. Not surprised that Arsenal havenā€™t either.

3 Likes

:poop:

1 Like

Yes itā€™s a strange one Real Madrid had a Ā£50 million bid turned down for Kai Havertz as did Bayern Munich so obviously a few footballing brains a tad more knowledgeable than us lot can see a player there.

My gripe with Arsenal and Arteta isnā€™t that they bought Havertz itā€™s that they are trying to accommodate him into an existing team rather that training him to fit into an existing team.

The back three doesnā€™t work. Especially if you donā€™t use attacking wingbacks.

Itā€™s not just Havertz: Lenny Trossard is not a central striker; Odegaard is off the boil; Jesus is completely overrated. Not starting with Zinchenko is stupid, as is keeping Tierney in the cold.

Yes, Rice has been the standout, as expected, but heā€™s been shackled. Let him surge forward, take charge, and be the monster he was at WHU.

On the plus side, Vieira was actually good against Fulham. Didnā€™t see that coming.

The back three is only supposed to be a back three when you are attacking and instead of wing backs Arteta prefers inverted full backs to overload the midfield when going forward it is a system that worked exceptionally well for us last season the problem is the change of personnel.

Leonardo Trossard is better on the left I agree, your comment on Jesus is your opinion but how you can start with Zinchenko and Tierney youā€™ll have to explain.

Bob you are sounding like the other season. Arseteta out.

Atb
Kk

Cā€™mon Sheffield United!!!

What a shame would have been a fantastic day for the Utd fans. 7 mins extra time though.

They were defending with a back three against Fulham, with Partey sitting uncomfortably in front of them. But I take your point about the change of personnel.

Z can play in front of KT, switching to the midfield as required. Better yet, Kierney should move to a club where this wonā€™t be an issue. Maybe WHU would be a good fit for him, especially with Moyes as his boss.

Jesus hardly ever scores, heā€™s selfish, he ā€œsimulatesā€ (i.e. cheats) as a matter of course, and heā€™s a moaning-faced get. I didnā€™t like him at City and I like him even less now.

Donā€™t agree with him being selfish at all. His workrate off the ball and buildup play was one of the key reasons why we were so good last season.

1 Like

Canā€™t understand why he doesnā€™t seem to fit in there.

1 Like

So whose place is Zinchenko going to take in midfield?