English Premier League Season 2023/24

Sheer class from Liverpool there - outstanding. Perhaps the Toon won’t be top 4 this season

Oh dear what’s happening up at SJP there’ll be a few upset real fans

2 Likes

Only ourselves to blame there, played a long time against 10 men and had 23 shots but not enough of them troubled Allison. You could see it coming, we just don’t seem to be able to get past Liverpool. We are usually pretty good on the break but need to learn how to break down teams that sit deep.

1 Like

6 behind City now so it’s already time to concentrate on the cups.

Partey? My point was more about KT: Play him or set him free.

Arsenal announced earlier today that he’s going out on loan to Real Sociedad.

1 Like

The best move for everyone Sociedad are in the Champions League so it’s a great opportunity for KT who could easily after a good season could come back or get a move to one of the big Spanish Clubs and as he has 3 years left on his Arsenal contract we could get a fee of £30 or £40 million.

There was no way we where going to sell him to one of our direct rivals and also KT’s old school style of play is actually better suited to the Spanish game think Jordi Alba and look what the move to Athletico did for Trippier.

Sometimes it’s really difficult to play against 10 men in the space of 6 days Arsenal beat Palace with 10 men and conceded a late equaliser against Fulham. Under Wenger Arsenal where famous for winning matches with 10 men.

Liverpool will just have to have the attitude that they score more than their opponents because their defence is still far, far from being sorted as is their midfield there are three days left for them to buy some players though.

1 Like

The promoted teams this season have lost every game so far. ( I think). It’s tough in the Prem.

A few 10 man victories though…

Yep, at least Burnley & Sheff Utd have one of their Man City games out of the way.

2 Likes

This just in: An Arab billionaire has put in a bid for Man Utd. Sheikh Envac wants to put the freshness back into the once-great club…

12 Likes

Fun fact - FIFA earns $7.6 billion every 4 years mainly from the World Cup. UEFA earns that amount every 2 years and the EPL makes that every year. That is why FIFA are introducing the Club World Cup from 2025 which will include such luminaries as Al-Hilal, Miami and Chelsea (:roll_eyes:) because they feel left out from the good times. LIV tour anyone?

2 Likes

Wonder Woman is an Iron…

4 Likes

Wonder Woman is gay??? I’m not having that Kev.

Haven’t heard about Chelsea buying anyone today.
Did I miss something ?

Today’s big Chelsea story is that despite spending £1 billion since TB arrived, they are stopping their £10 subsidy for supporters who travel to away matches by coach. This is because it is ‘financially unsustainable’

4 Likes

Times are hard.

Losing at half-time. Never mind we’ll bring on Harry and Sonny in the second half and turn it round as usual.

Err… hold on…

Well, Mickey Mouse cup anyway.

:rofl: :rofl: