English Premier League Season 2023/24

I’m guessing that the Chelsea figure was before the arrival of TB

To level up the playing field any club with debt exceeding £42m should be excluded from all league competition…

3 Likes

Hope it’s more reliable than the source of their spelling.

2 Likes

Spilling on the internet is a forgitten art

3 Likes

Maybe we should extend to a new thread titled - Chelsea Transfer Fiascos

All these Saudi links and sales are just more dodgy dealings suspected Saudi investment and then Chelsea balancing their books by off loading all their old has beens.

Newcastle too when Ruben Neves is sold to a Saudi team and then Saudi owned Newcastle are rumoured to be loaning him back.

We should have two threads named so all clubs can get involved as they feel free;

• Football season 23/24 (banter free)
  • Football season 23/24 (banter included)

:sunglasses:

2 Likes

Good to see some of the banter is now directed at Chelsea and the focus (for now) is moving away from Bob as I worry that with all his excitement and the heat his head might explode :flushed:

2 Likes

Great deflection there David but do not worry I can take a whole lot more excitement yet!

2 Likes

And now…in English…

In English Andy the club who have just paid £47 million for Rúben Neves on a 7 year deal are called Al-Hilal they are owned by PIF the Sovereign Wealth Fund of Saudi Arabia.

Fast forward a day or two and Newcastle United also owned by the PIF are in talks to sign Rúben Neves on loan thus circumventing FFP rules.

The PIF were also rumoured and I reiterate rumoured to have a stake in Clearlake Capital the investment firm who along with T B bought Chelsea from RA.

Then after spending well over half a billion pounds in the past year Chelsea have sold many of their unwanted players for inflated prices to Saudi clubs helping balance their books for PIF.

Let’s see if the fan / media noise is true re their involvement in Clearlake, the critical thing is their level of involvement, i.e one of many investors with a low share or a major shareholder. An article in The Atlantic worth a read.

Re inflated prices…poppy cxck…
Kante FREE
Ziyech £8m vs £30m paid for
Koulibaly £17m vs £33m paid for
Mendy £9m vs £16m paid

But hey don’t let the true get in the way of a good story :joy:

I’m talking about prices being inflated today not the price Chelsea paid.

So you are saying all three of these are inflated vs what they are worth now ? I think the sun may have got to you🤔

Absolutely combined worth of maybe a million or two was it 11th or 12th they finished last season.

I’m being harsh regarding Kanté but then he’s a free agent isn’t he?

On that basis what should you be paying for Harvertz?

Havertz was the most talked about player of his generation in Germany from the age of 10 years old it was said he stood out held and shoulders above every other player and by the time he was 17 - 18 he was said to be a generational talent and his performances for Bayer Leverkusen bore that out.

He was due to go to Bayern Munich and join Leroy Sane when Chelsea muscled their way in and outbid everybody else without thought or plan of what they might actually do to develop him. Three years later after playing him out of position most of the time in a team and a system that just suffocated him he is about to join Arsenal for a bargain price where he will be coached properly and allowed to be the player he was meant to be.

So the £60 million quoted is a bargain.

Bob, you should do ‘stand-up’. :rofl:

5 Likes

My thoughts exactly…I love Bob’s version of reality it would make good TV :sunglasses:

3 Likes