English Premier League Season 2023/24

With proper coaching he will have a sky award in no time!

Atb
Kk

4 Likes

It was the Neves connection that surprised me Bob. There has been absolutely NO mention of any link in the local press up here.

I just canā€™t see how that could be allowed to happen, and nor would I want it to.

And for both sides of the story.

Neves will not be coming to NUFC.

Itā€™s official - a new season of Royball at Selhurst Park confirmed

The Cheats have put an official bid for Declan Rice Ā£90 million same amount as Arsenalā€™s previous rejected bid but with 5 million more up front and 5 less in add ons.

Guardiola seeking to hit Arsenal with a big blow even before a ball is kicked I think they will keep matching Arsenalā€™s bids so that Declan is forced into a choice between the two clubs.

Reports in that Arsenal have reached an agreement with Ajax over Jurrien Timberā€™s signature the right sided CB/Right Back has already agreed personal terms with Arsenal.

If you have a few minutes and are interested watch Timberā€™s World Cup highlights playing for the Netherlands against Argentina where he not only plays Messi off the park but is also a great attacking threat.

This will be a huge signing for the Gunners.

1 Like

ā€˜Forcedā€™ to choose, eh !

You mean between a club who has just won the treble and with whom heā€™s guaranteed a sack full of trophies, and on the other hand, a bunch of bottlers who overperformed last season and will probably only be fighting for a top 4 place this seasonā€¦ ?

The choice ainā€™t gonna get in the way of Declan sleeping at nightā€¦ :rofl:

2 Likes

If financial packages are similar and Rice has a free choice then it boils down to:

Guardiola vs protƩgƩ
Proven trophy winner vs strong contender
Manchester vs London
Fight for playing time vs regular starter

Given the Euros are in 12 months it may mean Arsenal shades it

But it is a good ā€œproblemā€ to have

3 Likes

Sod the EPL - Wilf Zaha and Stormzy set to be new owners of 9th tier AFC Croydon. Greatness and silverware awaits!

2 Likes

Also there is a court case hanging over them that could cause them problems.

A long drawn out and bidding war will not benefit anybody least of all Arsenal who will want their transfers all wrapped by mid July when their pre season starts properly neither will it benefit West Ham who will also want to get any purchases through the door sooner rather than later. I donā€™t think the Cheats will get into a bidding war or pay over the odds they do not really need Declan Rice at the end of the day and you have ask yourself does he improve them enough to warrant that kind of outlay.

Iā€™m hoping Arsenal use the fact that West Ham have knocked back Guardiolaā€™s bid to put in a third bid very, close to or equal to the Ā£100 million West Ham are said to want I think a bid of Ā£90 million with 10 or 15 in add ons will seal the deal.

Well if David Ornstein of the Athletic is to be believed and he is usually spot on my estimate above wasnā€™t far off because Arsenal have tonight lodged an official bid with West Ham worth a huge Ā£105 million with a whopping Ā£100 million and Ā£5 million in add ons.

Now we wait to see if Man City respond the huge bid will be the record paid for a British player and will shatter Arsenalā€™s own transfer record.

Itā€™s a massive show of intent by the Arsenalā€™s owners Stan & Josh Kroenke and shows the faith they have in Mikel Arteta because this is 100% Arteta pushing for the signing.

West Ham could still hold out for more of course or the Cheats could outbid Arsenal.

It is now reported that West Ham have not outright rejected Arsenalā€™s bid but have said they are not entirely happy with the payment structure and are also expecting another bid from the Cheats although it is also said that West Ham where actually quite unhappy with their first bid which was almost exactly the same as Arsenalā€™s second bid.

In my opinion we are getting to the point where if they are outbid by 5 or 10 million Arsenal may well have to pull out.

Indeed, 5 million here, 10 million there, pretty soon weā€™re talking real money :joy::joy::joy:

Seriously, heā€™s unlikely to make an incremental contribution to the existing Arsenal team that would be anything close to $100 mil. Better he ride the bench in Manchester.

I think he will improve the Arsenal team massively a Ā£100 million improvement I donā€™t know but he is definitely an upgrade over Granit Xhaka as good as he was the past 2 seasons.

There are other reasons though firstly his age Arteta wants to build a young team that will grow and learn as a team as a unit and secondly as a statement of intent by Arsenal and itā€™s owners it is huge.

Of course the Cheats with their oil billions could simply blow us out of the water if the choose to do so my hope is that the reports that Declan wants to move to Arsenal are true and that West Ham feel the bid is enough.

1 Like

Yep. I hear Arsenalā€™s 5 million add on is dependent on Rice marrying a one-eyed Chinese man, so Iā€™m not surprised WHU are a bit unsure.

1 Like

As a side note. I recently got back from a trip to beautiful Costa Rica (the things I do to get away from Arsenal fansā€¦).
Hereā€™s a picture of their national stadium. They are really a tricky team to beat at homeā€¦

4 Likes