English Premier League Season 2023/24

Well - we were 2-0 down to Plymouth Argyle but have just scored 3 times in 4 mins and 5 secs!

COYP

@crispyduck. It looks like I will be spending the rest of the week, and the weekend, cat sitting in Sydenham. Iā€™m likely to be bored by Sunday and CP being the closest footy, I was wondering what sort of ticket availability there might be for your game vs. Wolves on Sunday.

Please do not torture yourself with what might have been. At some point in the grief process, out new reality has to be faced!

Looks like the Spuds trophy drought took another step towards continuing Richarlison got to do his pidgeon dance though.

1 Like

Definitely worth trying for a ticket from CPFC -there are normally some available, particularly for a Wolves match. Unfortunately Iā€™m not in Sydenham this weekend as Iā€™m at the End of the Road festival this weekend. Otherwise I could have met up with you for a beer. ATB

Congratulations to Bukayo Saka.

Not a bad looking side the PFA team of the year 2022/23

1 Like

So Brighton and Chelsea are in for Smith Rowe. I seem to remember him playing against us ??last year, and being very impressive.

Chelsea offering more salary (I assume - no evidence to support this theory), and weā€™re offering more playing time (again, I assume). So interesting to see how that plays out.

@Bobthebuilder - any thoughts?

I doubt very much if Arsenal would sell ESR and Chelsea have just signed Cole Palmer from The Cheats. Iā€™d take any rumours of him leaving Arsenal with a very large pinch of salt players of his age and quality do not come around often and Iā€™d like to see the player Arsenal buy to replace him.

Arsenal have loaned Nuno Tavares to Forest with a Ā£12 million buy option. Strangely it was his performance against Forest in an FA Cup game that saw him hauled off after just 30 minutes which was the beginning of the end for him at Arsenal, excellent player thoughā€¦

Arsenal have also just sold Folarin Balogun to Monaco for 40 million Euros.

Ffs. Donā€™t get me wrong, Iā€™ve seen him play and he looks a great ā€˜prospectā€™. But we have about a dozen of them.

We do seem to have trimmed a clearly bloated squad to replace it withā€¦

I know itā€™s first world problems and all that but, really.

Crazy money for a youngster who is unproven.

Crazy money for a club that paid double that for Mudrat who had scored a few goals in the Ukrainian league and told the whole world via Social Media that he wanted to play for Arsenal.

Itā€™s slightly curious why The Cheats would sell him though he looks an absolute baller scored a cracking goal in the Charity Shield against us, in the Super Cup against Seville and was an integral part of the U21 Euros winning team.

I doubt Citeh actually wanted to sell, but they tend to let players go if they are not fully committed to the cause. In Palmerā€™s case, I think he is a good player to rotate in to the City team but he needs more game time. Sad to see him go, but should be a good move for him.

2 Likes

At least 5 all premier league ties in Carabao cup 3rd round. So thatā€™s at least a quarter of the league out of round 4

2 Likes

A nice tasty banana skin draw for us away at Lincoln City. That oneā€™s got embarassing defeat written all over it.

1 Like

Ansu Fati to the Superseagulls on loan no option to buy. Huge statement by the club.

1 Like

Soā€¦the EFL donā€™t know the alphabet! If weā€™d have our correct alphabetical number, Newcastle would have been playing Fulham. Staggering, but hey ho :grinning:

2 Likes

the best thing is that he turned the Spuds down to go to B&HA.