English Premier League Season 2023/24

Especially after those 115 charges come to court :wink:

If you where at St James Park the night you beat Barcelona 3-2 in '97 I’d be very envious Andy when Faustino Aaprilla delivered one of the greatest Champions League hatricks and performances I’ve ever seen he was an incredible player when on form and that night was imperious.

It sure is! Some great opposition too. Will you get to the matches?

Yes, should be fine, based on our loyalty point system. PSG will be the hardest - allocation will be only 2,400 (5% of capacity). Looking forward to them :crossed_fingers:

I was there Bob and remember it clearly and it still sends shivers down my spine, thinking about it now. I just didn’t want to go home that night…

Tino and Gillespie were brilliant. We were battered in the second half and god only knows how we hung on. One of my top 5 NUFC games ever. :black_heart::white_heart:

We have to give other teams a chance to play in Europe some time. Some haven’t done it for many years. Like Arsenal.

We try to be fair.

1 Like

Last time Arsenal played in the Champions League, tickets were hand written.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Yes Figo and Rivaldo where just brilliant second half Shay Given had the best second half of his life.

Looking closer at that England squad, it does seem odd.

Sterling has never totally been my cup of tea, but I have to admit he is in red hot form at the moment and his exclusion is baffling. Pick him when he’s playing crap, drop him when he’s in form. Makes zero sense. Which leads me to…

But the biggest mystery is Nketiah. Now, even taking off my Spurs (anti- Ars) hat off for a moment, I find it hard to understand any coach believing he is International quality in any way whatsoever. Even Bob has been scathing over some of his past performances - and that says something. Something fishy going on here.

Anyways, I can’t make it but my son will be in Wroclaw next week (surrounded by about a billion Ukrainians) cheering the boys on whatever.

Amsterdam Marseille and Athens for our group. Hope I can get to one of those !

Long not been a fan of Sterling. He has played 1 1/2 decent games for Chelsea in the last couple of weeks though. I wait to see if he’s just hit a lucky patch or whether defenders haven’t seen him as much of a threat because of his poor form for the last year and they’ve dropped their guard! Maybe he’s just happy.

I think Ajax would be my choice.

Ajax v Brighton & Hove Albion in a European club comp is a bit mad when you think of it in terms of YOUR whole experience of supporting the club Si. Bloody hell even I want to go!

1 Like

For those who who are uneducated about Eddie Nketiah’s international credentials he holds the scoring record for the England U21’s no player including Shearer or Kane has scored more at that level.

CHO to Forest. They’ve got a good lad there imo.

Yes, I don’t know much about him but we (Forest) appear to have got a bargain buy. We’ll miss Brennan Johnson who has pace and undoubted potential but hasn’t done a great deal in 3 matches this season.
Not sure about some of our other signings (e.g. a virtually unknown and inexperienced Brazilian defender from Corinthians) - all rather reminiscent of last season when at least half of our signings contributed little, if anything.

But hes still crap.

1 Like

Nothin’ from the ‘perfect’ squatters today.

As Rick warned you…

“…you’ll regret it. Maybe not today. Maybe not tomorrow, but soon and for the rest of your life…”

The Tartan Diego Simeone’s Massive Euro Cup Winning Cockney Bastards are still top of the league.

1 Like