English Premier League Season 2023/24

Beats Hereford away in 1997 :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Though in many ways, that match will always define our modern history.

1 Like

Always glad to have been of help Kev :blush:; another stupid gift of a goal just to get the ball rollingā€¦and I guess that we must have wound Zouma up too much! It always felt like we were still in the game with a few half chances until the second goal. At least it was a better performance from us. The new stand looks out of place with the old structure - it is nice though! I hope the Hammers fans enjoyed a trip down memory lane.

1 Like

Rather you than The Cheats Kev

Potential august sky award coming kev.

Atb
Kk

1 Like

Amsterdam Flights and hotel secured. Just got to hope l can get a match ticket !

1 Like

My brother has done the same

1 Like

Sorry Kev,
Yerā€™ behind the pride of North London.

:grin:

Whatā€™s that I hear ?

Ah, yes, itā€™s a pin droppingā€¦

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

The Toon off to a real Jeckyll and Hyde start to the season. Sensational against Villa, in it all the way with City, upper hand vs Liverpool and a weird last 10 minute collapse but today we just didnā€™t really show up, especially in midfield. Not sure if big Joeā€™s knock was worse than thought but Bruno and Tonali arenā€™t quite clicking together yet. Fair pay to Brighton, De Zerbi has them firing at the moment.

I think we all knew it would be pretty hard to replicate last seasonā€™s exploits with a relatively thin squad but we have added some depth (though not at centre half which is a bit odd) but Eddie needs the upcoming break to get a bit more focus to the team.

1 Like

I have a bet with a work mate that Eddie Howe will be England manager before he wins a cup with Newcastle (excluding the happy shopper cup).

Newcastleā€™s evolution will necessitate a new manager and if England have a chance of winning a trophy with this incredible young squad they need an excellent young manager.

1 Like

It was a great game yesterday. You really pressed high at the beginning and created a lot of pressure. But once we found our footing the pendulum swung. We all said the difference was midfield- we were getting through you a lot as the game went on

Big shout to the Toon fans. Loud for the whole 90 (or 100 as we now say !). Easy to do when winning. Much harder when 3 down. And all done with fun, not malice. Excellent

No, Arse are currently 6th: Tartan Simeoneā€™s Massive Euro Cup Winning Cockney Bastards are third, which b y my caculation, puts them above the North Londoners.

Kev, you are a London boy. You know where Woolwich is, come on.

:grin:

1 Like

Rice Rice Baby!!!

The old rice pudding does the business.

What have you got to say about that Keano big girls blouse!

1 Like

What ???

So thatā€™s the Geordies & the red side of Manchester already out of the title race. And VAR the centre of post match debate rather than the football.

VAR is a bad system that Iā€™d rather do without but when it comes to off sides (if they bother to draw the lines) itā€™s pretty much the only thing that itā€™s good at.

1 Like

What no bottling comments about arsenal or about the old rice pudding?

What???