English Premier League Season 2023/24

Arsenal had the rub of the green in a match that could (and nearly did) go either way. I have no doubt that Rice has and will prove to be an excellent buy. However, I can’t honestly see either team finishing the season above the positions they currently occupy. United’s lack of quality and depth, and Arsenal’s lack of depth will tell once Champions League commences. The reality is that City’s reserve eleven are better than both teams first elevens. And I speak as a thoroughly frustrated ManU fan.

5 Likes

None today, thou to be fair you excitable boys celebrated like you had won the league…

2 Likes

They’d probably just spotted Keano in a girl’s blouse. Apparently.

Just got back from the game and you’re right, it wasn’t the best, particularly the first half. Neither team are firing on all cylinders just yet.

However in the 2nd half there was only one team trying to win and once Utd resorted to bringing on Maguire and Evans, you knew they had no intention in going for the win.

And to anyone criticising a team for celebrating a late win after going behind…get in the bin!

2 Likes

As soon as we went to our third choice centre backs it was always gonna be a struggle! Didn’t see the game but from what I have read it sounded fairly even. Losing to last seasons most celebrated sky awards team is no embarrassment.

Atb
Kk

2 Likes

Most of the play was in the Man U half of the pitch. Man U adopted a typical mid-table strategy of defending, whilst hoping for a smash and grab counter.

Arsenal were pushing for a winner and deserved the result.

2 Likes

Arsenal paid Onana far too much respect as did Pep in the CL final when he said you cannot press him so like Pep Arteta set up a mid block and let United have their third of the pitch knowing they would create nothing because they where only looking for the odd counter attack.

Man U have gone backwards playing Evans and Maguire again in 2023 is ridiculous and if it wasn’t for Havertz woeful and Saka’s unusually woeful finishing United would have been buried long before the off side goal.

But big teams and big players end games and that’s what happened. United though are terrible even Gary Neville has tipped Arsenal for the league not that he is any kind of expert but he does bleed United Red.

Arteta still reading his pep playbook before bed every night bless him.

Atb
Kk

1 Like

I think Arsenal just deserved the points but a draw for us would not have been unfair - just a little fortunate. As for Evans / Maguire, that is what happens when you have one CB out and two more have to come off during the game - they are called substitutes for a reason!

We play on the counter attack, utilising the pace of our strikers. Both Rashford and Garnacho showed how well the strategy works. Of most interest to me was the impact of Hojlund. He appears to have the qualities Tony Martial (bless him) does not. Early days but the ‘process’ (:copyright:ETH) is working - despite the score, out best game of the season so far.

Sancho appears to have blown his Man U career rightly or wrongly but doubt eth will stand for that

And nor should he. Sancho basically called his manager a liar in a public forum. That’s a firing offence.

1 Like

He is pushing for a way out and who could blame him.

More like eth wants him out. Who could blame him.
Total waste of money. Instagram footballer.

Atb
Kk

So the manager is allowed to go public but Sancho can’t…bit hypocritical!

1 Like

I think it should all be handled behind doors. And I think sancho has been handled very well considering his issues. Maybe that support should be repaid by training well and turning up on time. Call me old fashioned.

Atb
Kk

1 Like

3 Likes

Yeah but so far they’ve only go one ** day’s useful work out of the lander and it’s now in “sleep” mode, whereas……

….erm, OK. Come to think of it, I can see some similarities.

**but for the pedants among us. Yes it’s a lunar day.

1 Like

His air shot on Sunday really cheered me up. Awful. :rofl:

The arse anal fan who attempted to head but keano and broke his own nose made my weekend. What a mug!

Atb
Kk

2 Likes