English Premier League Season 2023/24

Brilliant

Seems reasonable to me.

The PL is back this weekend. Game 5 and already Tomas Partey is out for 6 weeks.

Highlight of the weekend is undoubtedly the Champions of Europe top o’the table clash – Tartan Diego Simeone’s Massive Euro Cup Winning Cockney Bastards v Citeh.

Who will prevail?

Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiironnnnnnnsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!**

1 Like

Haaland hat-trick

Well I’ll be cheering you on Kev.

1 Like

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Hilarious to watch a team who set up an 11 man defence from the word go, and time wasted embarrassingly all game, lose to goals scored in time added on for time wasting, 90+8 and 90+10.

Shef Yoo thoroughly deserved to lose.

My boys do need a bit of shooting practice this week though…

1 Like

Poor Bob…

Poor Kev…

What could have been…

It was a magnificent first-half performance by Tartan Diego Simeone’s Massive Euro Cup Winning Bastards but in the end Citeh were too good. Doku in particular is a fearsome player - perhaps even more of a threat than Haaland.

No shame in losing three-nil to the best team in the world. Would have loved a point but it was not to be – still, we have now played Chels, Brighton and Citeh and have got 10 points on the board.

1 Like

Down to sixth.

Moyes out!

1 Like

Your lot will be fine, Kev.

After Spurs second, and winning goal, Maddison decides to take the pi$$ out of all the blatant feigning of injuries and time wasting done by the Shef Yoo players…

2 Likes

Was W-P’s goal disallowed after the game finished ? I don’t trust that VAR.

1 Like

:rofl: :crazy_face:

A lot of managers (and newspaper pundits) were moaning at the beginning of the season about such lengthy periods of extra time. Saying it’s just not football. But results yesterday show just why referees should stick to their guns. Quite a few games won in extra time against teams that were time wasting

Quite a few of the games we played at home last season were basically ruined (as a spectacle, regardless of result) by time wasting. With fake “head injuries” and cramp being the worst offenders.

So hats off to referees for clamping down. And love the Maddison fake cramp middle finger.

7 Likes

Bet you enjoyed yesterday!
Watched the match and apart from the opening 20mins when Utd actually wanted to press, you made them look thoroughly average!

2 Likes

Who will be the first Prem. managers to get sacked ?

Maybe ETH and Poch… ?

Missed the game as on holiday. So only heard on radio. Sounded like we rode our luck /weathered the storm for first 20 odd mins. Scored against run of play, but then seemed pretty comfortable.

Missing our first ever euro game on Thursday too. But I can live with that :grinning::greece:

Will be back for Bournemouth on Sunday. Though we often struggle against them …

3 Likes