English Premier League Season 2023/24

The Gunners rightly took the points at Goodison Park this afternoon but it was laboured, and I was disappointed to see the petulance (yes, Jesus, I’m looking at you), and spoiling tactics against what is one of the poorest teams in the PL. As for Everton, they look well organised at the back, making it difficult for teams to break them down but in possession and going forward they look devoid of quality and ideas. I’m struggling to think of anything they created. The Toffees are in for a long a frustrating season.

2 Likes

Indeed Mike. If Arsenal are to win the EPL, as many of their more excitable fans claim they will do, they’ve got to do an awful lot better than this.

2 Likes

Seeing as we haven’t won at Goodson since 2017 and we’ve got a point more than this time last season I’d say we’re doing ok.

Not quite. We won our first 10 league games last season.
We are now one point better off from the same 5 fixtures last season.

We won our first 5 not 10 loosing the 6th to Man U at Old Trafford so I was wrong though we’re actually two points worse off after 5 games but beat the Spuds on Sunday and we will be a point better after 6 games.

My point was though we may not be playing the same free flowing football but I think we are maturer and that was a huge win today at Everton.

My mistake. Misread the fixtures!

Understandable really that we’re not quite free flowing compared to last season. The opposition know what we’re about now so are setup accordingly.

1 Like

Champions League has kicked for the EPL teams Newcastle are currently drawing 0-0 with AC Milan last years Semi-Finalists at the San Siro.

Later tonight The Cheats in their Uefa inspired group take on Crvena Zvezda Hmmmmmm.

Excellent away draw for Newcastle at AC Milan a point that could prove very important in such a difficult group.

1 Like

Why do you say that ?

And normal service from City. Job done….nothing more to see here.

1 Like

…Apart from the 50 breaches of providing inaccurate financial information, eight breaches in relation to manager remuneration from 2009 to 2013, 12 breaches in relation to player remuneration from 2010 to 2015, five breaches linked to UEFA financial regulations, 25 profitability and sustainability breaches and 30 breaches of assisting the Premier League investigation.

:yen: :dollar: :euro: :pound:

…Apart from the usual paranoid, obsessive Gooner whine.

1 Like

Bob’s a Gooner?

I thought he was just an anti-Citeh fan. If he ever met a Citeh fan the universe would implode.

2 Likes

I was checking what time my team are losing tonight?! What a terrible start!

Atb
Kk

1 Like

The odds of me meeting one of the 1000 cheats’ fans is pretty slim. I was at the Community Shield and only saw 500 though I believe the other 500 where protesting something.

5 first team players out and 3 of them in the back 4. Gonna be a long evening. But at least we have 4 goal keepers!

Atb
Kk

2 Likes

Arteta has chosen to start with David Raya tonight rather than Ramsdale, Havertz is back in for Fabio Viera who played excellently Sunday against Everton and would have been my choice. Up top Trossard is in for the injured Martinelli and Jesus returns in place of Eddie Nketiah so a mixed bag.

PSV are unbeaten this season are top of the Dutch league and Luuk De Jong the very tall striker is scoring for fun. Whoever thought this was an easy match for the Arsenal is wrong the Dutch Champions are flying and Arteta has made a couple of big calls in his team selection.

I thought my pre match excuses were top but bob wins hands down!

Atb
Kk

4 Likes

Yes, I think that they were protesting that they have no money left after winning the Premier League, FA Cup and Champions League.

You will see plenty of Citeh fans if you meet us at the business end of the Champions League this season.

I agree, the odds are pretty slim.

3 Likes

Jesus, Bob, talk about ‘spin’ and positioning things. I take it you’re not confident :rofl::rofl:

2 Likes