English Premier League Season 2023/24

Well. Chelsea won a football match.

2 Likes

Big game for our boys at the weekend. Liverpool will be the first really good side that we meet in the league this season. They are strong, and we never seem to perform so well against them (nor have the rub of the green).

The scousers are really powerful up front and our defence needs to be on top form. Our full backs have to get a grip on the likes of Salah - otherwise it could be painful. However, I think our midfield is actually stronger than theirs and together with our forwards we can hurt them.

But it’s a big ask - our club is just starting on the rebuild road, our team is young and inexperienced. Time will tell how they progress.

You know what I mean…

(As an aside, regarding this famous picture, I recently read this -

"Jimmy Greaves, a Spurs team-mate of Mackay’s, was more forthright in his criticism of Bremner when he discussed the photo in 2011. “When Dave grabbed Billy it was probably the only time this nasty little player ever looked frightened in his entire career,” he said.

“I can remember Bremner kicking me in the tunnel before one Leeds-Spurs match. I asked: ‘What did you do that for, Bill?’ and he said: ‘Just cos I f***ing felt like it’. He wouldn’t have kicked Dave Mackay in the tunnel, though!”)

Oops !

What a performance from Palace - to come back from a 3-0 defeat at Old Trafford in the week to beat them 1-0 today shows real character. MOTM? The whole back 4 - incredible defending

Eagles!!

6 Likes

Won’t see many better goals then Anderson’s either, what a hit!

With Utd, Citeh & Everton all losing, MOTD should make for some good viewing tonight!

Mikel Arteta’s fluorescent yellow army had a nice kickabout down the south coast!

2 Likes

A draw between the Spuds and the Scousers will make it a great day for the Arsenal.

…and Luton move out of the relegation zone…for the time being. Great result at Everton.

2 Likes

Amazing match at Spuds. Chelsea in bottom quartile performance .

Clever tactics by Ange. Take your time, be patient, then hit them with a goal in the last minute so they have no time to respond. :rofl:

Of course, some of the less educated fans on this forum will not have understood this.

I can just picture all those Gooner fans (and TV commentators) who are totally pi$$ed off right now. Lovely :rofl: They shouldn’t feel so bad though - after all, they are slayers of the mighty Bournemouth. Bless 'em :joy:

Onwards and upwards (above the squatters) ! COYS !

P.S. Really looking forward to hearing Jurgen’s whineing, bleating and ranting. He never lets you down. :rofl:

1 Like

Just released picture of Klopp in the 'pool changing room…

2 Likes

Not the greatest of games at the Dildodrome today but three points and a clean sheet for the Tartan Diego Simeone’s Massive Euro Cup Winning Cockney Bastards.

Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiironnnnnsssssssssssssssssss!

2 Likes

COYS! The gooners may be upset if not downright depressed, could not happen to a nicer people​:rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

One point behind The Cheats at the top of the league unbeaten this season in all cups and competitions including The Champions League and only playing at 60 to 70 percent with some big players out injured yeah I’m thoroughly depressed.

The refereeing and VAR decisions yesterday where a joke they where next level bad the PGMOL actually released this statement yesterday evening.

‘Referees’ body PGMOL has admitted the decision to disallow Luis Diaz’s goal in nine-man Liverpool’s 2-1 loss to Tottenham Hotspur was “a significant human error”'.

Personally I thought Klopp was very dignified in his press conference and the fat BBQ eater very disingenuous but no surprises there.

So the mighty Spuds beat 9 man Liverpool with a last minute own goal and one of the worst VAR c*** ups ever. They’ve drawn with Brentford and Arsenal, have beaten probably the worst Man U side of the PL era and the three teams currently occupying the bottom three spaces in the League one of who Sheffield Utd had ten men and took them deep into injury time but apparently they are title contenders (just like this time last year and the year before that and the one before that…).

So forgive me for not shitting my pants just yet as it’s not yet October and they sit above us not on points and not goal difference but because they’ve scored and conceded two more goals than us.

I actually hope the Fat BBQ eater has a good cup run and gets top 4 (it’ll have to be the FA Cup now as it’s the only one they are left in) because he’ll then be beatified along with 'Arry and Poch will keep his job for the next 10 trophy-less years whilst constantly flirting with Liverpool.

1 Like

I was actually very, very impressed with Liverpool who didn’t miss a beat with 10 men and should have gotten at least a point even with 9 men.

3 Likes

How come the ref and the VAR team were up in Anfield when the game was played in North London​:thinking: No wonder they made such errors :joy:

3 Likes

Probably the only time (other than some of your jazz choices) do I agree with you :sunglasses:

Brain f***

I know it’s not PL but just a word on Jude Bellingham 7 La Liga games 6 goals and 2 assists from midfield and still only 20.

I have only watched his highlights and not full matches but the level he can get to by the time he is 27-28 is frightening. I’d love to see him in the PL but not for any other team accept my own.

Are Madrid building a new Galacticos the thought of Bellingham, Mbappe and Haaland in the same squad from an unbiased fan’s view is actually mouthwatering and a distinct possibility over the next couple of seasons. Haaland will leave The Cheats and there is only one other club in the world he will go to and we all know Mbappe will very probably end up there too.

If England do not seriously compete at the next Euros with a midfield two of Bellingham and Rice then Southgate has to go because they will become if they are not already the best International midfield pairing in World football. Jude Bellingham will win a Balon D’or and will become the best player in World football and could go on to become England’s best ever player he is that good.

The assist he got yesterday with the ball into Joselu with the outside of his right foot was Zidane or Modricesque it was ridiculous just do yourself a favour and watch his highlights videos.

1 Like