English Premier League Season 2023/24

Only you have mentioned it…

Rather a Freudian slip … ?

Diaz’s goal yesterday was not given because his beard was off-to-one-side.

Apparently.

1 Like

Despite my dislike of emoticons and emojis that deserves one or two WW.

:joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:

1 Like

Did I mention The Arsenal won 4-0 away from home and Havertz got on the score sheet.
Hopefully we can transfer our away form to the Emirates as we’ve not conceded a single goal on the road so far this season.

It’s a huge game for us next week against the treble winning cheats next Sunday and I can guarantee you they will not play the way they did against Wolves yesterday.

:yawning_face:

2 Likes

Bob - Havertz got on the score sheet from a penalty. It’s not quite the same as a goal from open play is it?

1 Like

5 clean sheets in a row after yesterday. Those 5 included both Milan and the best team in Europe, so very satisfying.

However with Botman out, and Lascelles up against Mbappe on Wednesday, that stat will probably come to a shuddering halt. :black_heart::white_heart:

His Captain Martin Ødegaard who took the first penalty handed the ball to Havertz to take the second penalty. I was actually really nervous he would miss and make his already bad case of lost confidence a whole lot worse I remember Peter Crouch took the ball from Steven Gerrard deep into his 19 game goal drought after signing for Liverpool for £7 million a hefty price then and missing the penalty.

So I think his coach, his captain and all of us Arsenal fans hope the goal has more significance than just the third goal in a four nil win and gives Havertz more confidence now he has actually scored for Arsenal but I’m not holding my breath.

If I was Chelsea fan I wouldn’t be snickering at anyone. After spending £1 Billion in 12 months and going through three managers you are in 15th after 6 games you have won only 1 game and are already 15 points behind The Cheats.

You are not in Europe this season and very probably won’t be next season. You’ll sack Poch in January and probably get Fat Frank back your club is a laughing stock and your laughing at me, Kai Havertz and Arsenal. For the second time in a day I feel moved to post a couple of emojis.

:rofl: :joy: :rofl: :joy: :joy: :rofl: :joy: :rofl:

1 Like

:yawning_face: come back when your team has won something other than Sky awards :yawning_face:

P.S…It was a yawn emoji not a ‘snickering emoji :joy:

My team was winning PL trophies fairly back before your Oligarch saved your team from the scrapheap, your ground from becoming a car park and bought your recent success you are the original Cheats and the reason FFP exists.

:yawning_face: go grab your blood pressure tablets BTB as I think you are becoming both excitable and irritable :joy::joy::joy:

I know, you know, this whole forum knows, Odegaard knows and even Havertz knows that it’s the only way he will ever score… Desperation.

He, along with Jesus, will go down as the most inept signings (game changers according to Arsenal fans) ever made in the history of the Premier League. How much was it for both of them ? Maybe forumites can remind me. Let’s be honest, everyone knows (except Arteta) why both these players were dumped by their previous clubs - they are crap.

It shows that Arteta hasn’t a clue what he is doing. Hence the sniffing around any striker that may be available come January i.e. the criminal Toney, Santiago Jimenez, Pedro Neto, Ousmane Dembele, Victor Osimnen, Uncle Tom Cobbly and all. Maybe your lot should put in a sneaky bid for Stan Collymore ? I think he’s free at the moment.

I’m just wandering what position Arteta (trying to save face) will play Havertz in the future, in order to squeeze him into the team ? Maybe goalie ? Third choice goalie may be ideal.

But honestly, thinking that Havertz will change into a star, just because he was given the chance to take a penalty, is like clutching at a straw on the surface of Neptune. Embarrassing.

Maybe Arsenal should give my Granny a chance to take the next penalty. She would be just as effective to the team as Havertz. And she’s been dead for 20 years.

2 Likes

I have absolutely no idea what’s going on at ManU. After showing some improvement last year, this season has been an absolute farce. Complete changes need to be made throughout the Club, which can only start once the ownership has been resolved. I fear it will be many many years before they can even begin to challenge for major honours again.

I think ETH papered over the cracks last season but the recruitment has not been great.

At least Richie has scored and assisted during open play.

Havertz cost 65 million.
Jesus cost 45 million.

Duds.

I didn’t. You did.

All I mentioned was that Havertz and Jesus are crap and were a complete waste of money. And no gift penalty is going to change that.

Then of course you start with the now predictable whataboutery.

7 games, a gift penalty (nothing to do with him) and 0 assists. Zilch. Nada.
What exactly has he done ? Apart from waste 65 million quid of Gooner money :rofl:
I’ll give you my Grannies e-mail address. You can pass it on to Arteta.
She says she’s up for it as long as matches can be organised between her Crochet classes and Women’s Institute meetings.

No. There’s a reason Richie is Brazil’s number 9 and Jesus is on the bench.

And just as an aside…

This season -
Richie 7 PL games 1 goal 2 assists in 349 minutes - a goal every 117 minutes.
Jesus 5 PL games 1 goal 0 assists in 206 minutes - a goal every 206 minutes.

I can’t be the only one bored of this right?

4 Likes