English Premier League Season 2023/24

I think it has. Not surprising really, players know they can’t/won’t get away with it.

Shame it’s taken this long for refs to do something about it. They’ve always had the power too but chose not to other than issue a token yellow card for the goalie in the 80th+ minute!

Arteta has made a few changes some forced like Jesus and some tactical.

Yes, @crispyduck, I watched it on Sky and agree with your observations. Palace currently lacking a serious goal threat at the moment. Spurs’ tactic in the second half of Vicario and Romero just passing the ball back of forth, frustrating the Palace forwards, was tedious to watch but…it worked - Palace eventually pushed higher and then Spurs broke out fast. That created their second goal.

Spurs look a decent side and seem to have a team spirit that they’ve singly lacked for several seasons now.

2 Likes

Well that was quite pathetic.

Well that’s the end of The London Cowboys Billion pound resurgence.

Back to the usual lightweight performance

Arteta’s light weight back up 11 battered Sheffield Utd 5-0

A good win but the Blades are a poor team

The 5-0 win against Sheffield Utd has brought our goal difference away and above both The Spuds and the cheats. Well done to Ickle Eddie for his fantastic hatrick.

On the way back from the game and Sheffield Utd have to be one of the worst teams I’ve seen visit the Emirates. So poor.
It’s going to be a loooong season for their fans, who to be fair, I thought were great today.

1 Like

It’s not shaping up to be a happy season for the city of Sheffield what with Wednesday being even further adrift at the bottom of the Championship.

As a Wrexham fan unimpressed by the classless Bully Sharp incident last season every defeat for United is immensely satisfying.

They were incredibly lucky to beat us in the FA Cup replay and our fans were unanimous at the time that they were nowhere near good enough to survive in the PL.

Not a biased view then…

@Wugged_Woy

Kane hat trick including one from his own half.

1 Like

Looks like this week’s PGMOL apology will be going to Wolves!

Shocking decision. Except it isn’t, given the number of awful decisions. The penalty law is in urgent need of overhaul. If it’s not a deliberate foul that prevents an obvious goal-scoring opportunity, a penalty is a disproportionate punishment, given that 80% of the buggers result in goals.

He still wishes he was top of the Prem though… :grin:

The difference is Bayern might actually finish top…

Yeh, but top of what ?

Tough game next week away at Newcastle I suspect there will be an even heavier rotation against West Ham on Wednesday night in the Carabao Cup, Arteta needs to save his brightest and best for next Saturday evening’s game up at St James Park.

Will Newcastle miss Tonali that much? Probably not they are still a very, very good side without him especially at home. Last season’s games where pretty tight affairs with both the away teams guilty of gamesmanship I suspect it will be another tight game which I predict will be a draw.