English Premier League Season 2023/24

i’d accept many of the points made but I do find his interviews to be great. I like his approach of just answering the question and not elaborating - it’s about the team not the manager!

I made the mistake of leaving the radio commentary on after the Citeh game and heard the experts? (Sutton? Waddle? Savage?- put the question mark where appropriate) laying into ETH. I loathe these phone ins with so many arm-chair warriors. It is almost as if there has to be a manager ‘under pressure’ and it feels like it is generated to fill the media - who would have thought it?

I know managers are paid well but anyone who has made their living by leading and motivating others knows that there is always much more going on than anyone else knows. Their job is to take the flak and remain civil, unlike the media who produce the flak and get paid the more they provoke. I just wish, as his employer, that MUFC (and the Glazers in particular) provided tangible practical support. Try starting with, “Sell United, and F*** Off home!”

Football produces some clever satire these days

10 Likes

I wonder whether Newcastle might try for Sancho in January. You never know Eddie Howe’s arm around him approach might work wonders

Maybe! And that’s my point about ETH.
Whatever Sancho has or hasn’t said or done, I feel ETH has deliberately and publicly marginalised him, from which it’s hard to see any effective solution.
Having paid that much for someone who was once a very promising talent, surely more subtle methods of both carrot and stick could and should have been used.
Good luck Jim Ratcliffe! It is a huge and multi-faceted task ahead.

1 Like

I agree with you regarding Jadon Sancho it seems a little odd that Anthony gets treated one way with all of his off and on the field problems and Jadon another and if it’s a case of showing that squad who is boss I feel there where other older candidates.

Getting a dedicated head of recruitment to work along with ETH would be a good idea as so far the players he has brought in have so far not set the footballing world on fire.

2 Likes

I wonder how many goals arsenals youth team will put past us on Wednesday night :sob:

Team as predicted. I fear the worst…

From the first half hours performance, not many.

Oh but, my word, half an hour in, I’m already hearing the Gooner bleats…

1 Like

“Eddie Nketiah hooks a shot over from eight yards from Oleksandr Zinchenko’s ball”

Back to normal, I see…

I think you will be fine. Unfortunately for me with each passing minute of play we are getting worse

Atkk

1 Like

I feel your pain, Keano…

I should be a psychotherapist (I think)…

1 Like

Arse anal are FOCUSED on several sky awards mid February. Everything else has been sacrificed

Atb
Kk

2 Likes

I think someone needs to put Havertz out of his misery.

No, I don’t mean putting down like a lame horse…

Maybe a transfer to Donny Rovers ?

The Hammers are turning this into a thrashing!

1 Like

Moyes in !!!

And Arteta in too !!!

3 Likes

Well done to the Hammers great performance and fully deserved their win.

2 Likes

Maybe the Gooners will get through to the next round of the EFL Cup because their goal difference overall in the competition is better than West Hams… ?

Just a thought.

Well I didn’t see such a comfortable win for the Toon coming today. Starting with a centre half pairing of Krafth and Dummet, Willock starting his first game for best part of 6 months and a team that more resembled a Steve Bruce side than anything. But Eddie has them well coached, they know what they are supposed to do and they did it well today.
I was expecting some sort of reaction from Man Utd after Sunday but if anything that was an even more lacklustre performance.
A lovely present of an away trip to Chelsea for our efforts, after Man City and Man Utd , surely Port Vale was in order……

2 Likes

That was worth braving the wind and rain and cold for! The Tartan Diego Simeone’s Massive Euro Cup Winning Cockney Bastards are back to winning ways (after three abysmal performances) against Lego Head’s Spursy Bottlers at the Dildodrome.

Kudus is one of the best players I’ve seen in a WHU shirt for some time. What a goal!

Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiironnnnnnnnsssssssssssssssssssssssssss!

5 Likes