English Premier League Season 2023/24

I take it you were pleased …

best wishes

2 Likes

If any more fans had walked out before time they could have re-named Old Trafford - British Leyland, but sadly this won’t work as unlike Man Utd British Leyland had plenty of good strikers

6 Likes

Well done Kev, yes Kudos is a fine player and one we should have tried to get.

1 Like

Rather than Havertz, Bob?

1 Like

To be fair, you were better in every single area of the pitch.
I was also expecting some sort of reaction after Sunday, but it was just the same “couldn’t care less” players, and the same “haven’t got a clue” manager.
Fulham must be licking their lips for the weekend…

The enigma that is Kai Havertz is one Arteta has thus far failed to unlock let’s just say that.

1 Like

No surprises for v city. Pep has us in his pocket without even trying. The result last night was bad! Team selection bad. Is this really the fallout from sancho? he has barely done a thing since joining the club so I couldn’t care less if he leaves. But if this is the reaction from the players, its a joke. Real problems to
Solve here. Softly softly approach from a Man U legend and they eventually walked all
Over him. A hard line approach is in my view the only way with this lot.

Atb
Kk

1 Like

@Andyblain and @GraemeBC - I hope you enjoyed what was a magnificent performance by Newcastle at Old Trafford. I think it was somewhat unkind to thrash my team on the occasion of my first success of the season in securing tickets - 400 mile round trip to see United hammered. Rarely have I seen them so ineffective and Martial has now exhausted any goodwill I had left. Having said that, it comes to something when your best player is a substitue who came on at half time - take a bow AWB.

I have to say, from first moment to last, the Newcastle fans were magnificent. A long journey, midweek, and to support a team of so many reserves. You and your team deserve success.

1 Like

I enjoyed the trip and it made up for the many times I have seen Newcastle well beaten there over the years.

I think we caught Man Utd at a good time, but I really admire your humility and honesty. Interesting times for your team (and a big game tomorrow), but I think the only way is up for them @By-Tor

2 Likes

Cancel that taxi for Mr Ten Hag

Not sure it’s a cancel just a change of pick up time. I like the chap but we all know how it goes.

Atb
Kk

2 Likes

I have this positive good feeling that Newcastle united will trounce the Arsenal😉

2 Likes

Bah! Yet another loss to Brentford. We’ve never beaten them in the EPL, IIRC.

Good grief. That has to be a red for Havertz. The ref is bonkers.

Two feet off the ground. Flying through the air. Takes him out. Could have broken his leg.

3 Likes

And if Havertz was lucky not to see red for that, his tackle early in the 2nd half should have been a second yellow.

4 Likes

Great foul. 1 yellow for Arsenal, 3 for Newcastle. Mindboggling. Definitely only a yellow imo. Guimaraes lucky too.

1 Like

I repeat…

Two feet off the ground. Flying through the air. Takes him out. Could have broken his leg.

If that doesn’t constitute a red card, then I don’t know what does.

It wasn’t as you described. He may have launched himself but his leading leg was quite far away from the player and it was his bent trailing leg that took him out. Not that dangerous. That’s how I saw it anyway. Glad they’re losing though!

Thoroughly entertaining game at St James with two high quality sides. Arsenal look confident and well organised but perhaps lack that ‘killer’ finisher, particularly when they need to chase the game. I’ll be interested to hear the post-match interviews. My expectation is that Arteta will whinge about VAR not ruling out Newcastle’s goal but I’d like him to show a bit of class and accept that sometimes decisions don’t go for you and that Newcastle played well.

3 Likes

Meanwhile Spuds fans have bragging rights for being the only undefeated side in the PL, and still will be on Guy Fawkes night! What odds would you have got on that at the start of the season?

2 Likes