English Premier League Season 2023/24

Big game for our boys against Jamie’s lot. A tough game, Chelsea always raise their game when playing us. I’m a bit worried.

We can’t really win. If the result is positive, then we will hear the usual " you ain’t played anyone yet, Chelsea are crap…“. If the result is negative, we will hear the " back to normal, you’ve been found out, you are really rubbish, you won’t make the top 4…”

Ah well, I suppose Arsenal fans can use it to deflect attention from their team’s recent embarrassing hypocritical behaviour, bringing the game into disrepute…

Yes, unlucky to concede so close to the end, but the Diaz story much bigger than just football.
Thought Nunez and Salah were both really really poor; ironically the best Merseysider on the pitch was Ross Barkley. Never quite sure why he didn’t fulfil his potential, but he had a good game yesterday.

1 Like

Yep, agreed Steve.

Jorginho refused to shake hands with the Newcastle captain after the game on Sunday.

Now, I know I am not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but I can’t quite fathom the reason why. What did he do ?

More to the point, just who are the hypocritical Squatters upset with ?

The ref ? VAR ? Newcastle’s players ? Eddie Howe ? the fans ? the city of Newcastle ? Chubby Brown ? the Premier League ? Sky Sports and the BBC ? the pitch ? the weather ? the Archbishop of Durham ?

Pathetic.
Horrid little club…

5 Likes

I wouldn’t be losing any sleep if I were you…

1 Like

The best analysis I’ve read.

3 Likes

Hopefully Big Ange and Poch will do a better job at shaking hands than Conte & Tuchel last season :joy:

1 Like

That winds me up so much. You’re a defender. Defend. Head it out. Stick your face on it if you have to. Don’t turn your back on it, you pathetic wuss.

That is poor twice over. Spurs should be down to nine.

At this rate the match is going to finish at midnight

Romero should be sent off twice!

1 Like

30 mins in and I think I have seen more var than actual footy. This is a cracking game only ruined by var checks!

Atb
Kk

1 Like

Interesting game, don’t watch a lot these days but after reading a lot of posts here I’m inclined to agree the VAR just takes way too long. Not sure if a red card was the right call, yellow definitely.

I must agree. Romero is a bit of a plonker. A red waiting to happen sometimes.

Your match to lose now Jamie.

Oh boy, lose both central defenders (we hardly have any more) and down to 10 men. We don’t do ‘easy’.

One of those days. Chelsea have to bury us now.

And now Maddison injured - really is Chelsea’s to lose!

Looking like the dirtiest team in England, injuries - total carnage. Fun for neutrals.

I wouldn’t put it past them. Chelsea are poor.

Watching this game it dawned o. Me I have hardly watched any footy this season. If every game has this much var time I won’t bother watching many more.

Atb
Kk

1 Like

Chelsea are worse than poor. Pathetic.