English Premier League Season 2023/24

Christ the seasons not starting until August and this threads already descended into nonsense! Grow up.

I’m actually really enjoying it and cannot wait for the season to start it’s going to be absolutely fantastic. Hopefully Chelsea will get Caicedo, Oshimen and who ever else they want, Liverpool will further strengthen that midfield, Brighton and Aston Villa carry on strengthening already very good sides and we all push each other into one of us breaking the Cheats dominance.

Tell me Mr Builder - how long have you been suffering from these delusional symptoms?

Well doctor …,.

1 Like

I know but they might have won their last CL in a while Madrid are building a squad that will push them all the way next season.

And maybe Guardiola will take his Spit the Dog tribute act elsewhere at the end of this contract. It’s hard to see where though he won’t go anywhere that doesn’t have trillions to spend so that rules out a return to Barca.

1 Like

This obsession/bitterness with City is getting too much, Bob.

I think you need to ssek help.

1 Like

Cant see anyone stopping city next season- and as a Man U fan I really didn’t want to write that
Top 4 for me will be, in this order

City
Man U
Arsenal
Liverpool

Arsenal

The Cheats

Chelsea

Man United

You heard it here first :joy::sunglasses:

I think Newcastle shouldn’t be discounted from top 4 just yet. Chelsea have a lot to do and I don’t think they will be too 4 this year.

2 Likes

My prediction is also that Mikel Arteta totally rejuvenates Kai Havertz and turns him into a killer No 8.

Yes your not completely wrong I just think
Poch and signings like Caicedo will make a big
Difference with the players they have.

Ironic after all the bleating about City by Bob, it appears that Arsenal are trying to buy the Premier League title. Shameless.

What hipocracy !

:grin:

2 Likes

And Newcastle could find playing in the CL/PL a slight hindrance though they could pull off another top 4 finish

Yes perhaps the 115 charges could come to my aid.

City will get away with it, just like Barca’s and Real’s ingenious accountants have for donkey’s years.

Bob, please move on.

I think we need to revisit the ‘Top 4’ debate when the transfer window has closed.

If the league kicked off tomorrow, with the transfer window having closed, there is zero chance of Chelsea getting in the Top 4. Zero.

Nor Arsenal. They haven’t signed Rice yet… :rofl:

But the league doesn’t kick off for 6 weeks or so so it’s a pointless discussion. Believe me Chelsea will sign a couple of big players to go with the players they already have and a very good coach.

Read the charges the most ingenious account on the planet cannot change them and unlike the Uefa charges they are not time sensitive.

You cannot pay 50% of your managers salary through a ‘shell company’ to make it look like you paid him less than you did, you cannot sponsor your own team through a ‘shell’ company to inflate your takings and you cannot deny the sports governing body access to financial information regarding those charges.

I agree Bob. It’s a pointless discussion trying to predict NOW, who will finish in the Top 4. Wait until the transfer window closes and then the discussion has some merit.

1 Like

But prove it. And win against the best lawyers in the world.

And prove it to people who actually care rather than those who have been bought off.

It’s a dirty world, Bob, so don’t hold your breath.