English Premier League Season 2023/24

Poch’s not got much to work with watching as a neutral.

Ditto

I rescind that last ditto… :rofl:

Proud of my boys (except the dipsticks with the reds).

94th minute and we were still in it. Just ran out of steam.

2 Likes

Is it too soon in the season to say Spursy? Seriously though, those red cards and injuries are going to cause real issues with difficult matches coming up. Madness

That’s long been the central thought, no depth to the squad. They will run out of steam in the league. Mind, at least they have a ‘squad’.

Crazy, crazy game. When Chelsea were against 9 men too few of their players were using their brains. Meanwhile, Spurs were playing a suicidal high line.

Oh, and I’ve no sympathy for Romero. While talented he’s got a real nasty streak IMV, and not just tonight.

2 Likes

More ballsy I would say.

Daft. But ballsy.

1 Like

In the end both teams are playing for scraps.

And in a nutshell that is why the Spuds will win Sweet FA again this season utterly ridiculous, with 10 men if they’d played properly instead of trying to be Liverpool they would probably have won but the fat Aussie’s inexperience showed tonight.

2 Likes

Yep, I had the same discussion at home. I think that’s part of our issue, for much of the last 20-30 years, Chelsea have had a number of quite bright players come and go and if they weren’t super clever, they at least had good footballing brains.

Apart from Reece James and Thiago Silva, I’m struggling to see much evidence of intelligence within the Chelsea players on the pitch tonight…

1 Like

I thought the Fat Aussie’s Death or Glory post match interview was again proof that he is the right man for the Spuds

'We go down to 5 men we’ll have a crack mate throw another snag on the barbie, open a Castlemaine XXXX and win f*** all again mate

Well you’ve now got two suspensions, probably your two best players out injured and you’ve lost 4-1 to the worst Chelsea team in a decade. Well done.

Guardian nails it again.

“Give Chelsea their due: they were as funny as Spurs.”

Good things clearly come in threes Arsenal imploding along with Arteta going full Keegan and now this.

Not “the worst Chelsea team in a decade”
Last years Potter drivel was far far worse
And a decade ago we finished 3rd. – “Little Horses”

He got the red card he should have received at the bridge last year for yanking Cuca’s hair

Lot of stereotyping going on there.

1 Like

I only got to see the first half but I can see from the posts above that Chelsea won.

2 Likes

Welcome to the thread @NigelA10.

Obviously the worse team in a decade wasn’t meant literally and yes a couple of personnel have improved the Chelsea team a little over Potter’s team but I think you’ll have to agree you are far, far away from where want to be.

Really?

Indeed. Mind it was a close run thing. I watched most of the game swinging between laughter and agitated frustration, I suspect most Spurs fans were doing something similar.

The comments by the Sky pundits afterwards about why this makes the Prem the best league in the world were laughable too. Ridiculous.

2 Likes