English Premier League Season 2023/24

Little Horses that included our new pony’s Salah, Matic and Willian, having sent Mata and de Bruyne to the knackers yard…

Two of the three Amigos, Oscar and Hazard, were still around plus some thoroughbreds in the guise of Lampard, Terry, Cech, Ivanovich, and Ashley Cole.

Azpilicueta was a relative new boy.

Ramires, Eto’o.

Um…Torres…

What I would give…!

Just had my ‘Celebrate the win…” email from CFC.

1 Like

They are guilty of overselling , watched a couple of the German league matches with Harry “timber” Kane and they were very entertaining .

The second half was very ‘‘interesting’’ worth catching up on , it was like a hot curry on a cold night

Only if you’re a Chelsea supporter.

The Tottenham fans cheered their team, at least they showed some competitive spirit , some teams would have sulked

As a neutral I enjoyed it , it had most things, sending offs, controversy, a hat trick - of the on field players (i.e not goalie) that started only five were left at the end.

Nearly forgot the numerous disallowed goals

Missing were the dog on the pitch, a streaker or the ref being carried off and a rant by Arteta .

3 Likes

I was expecting the Keystone Cops to make an appearance :grin:

As for Mudryk, I hope Chelsea has a ‘sale or return clause’ which is still open.

1 Like

If I knew it was going to end a little Monty Python I would have delayed my bricking cleaning. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

What do you get when you mix Marcelo Bielsa
and Benny Hill Ange Impostercoglu

I’d frame things another way, in that 2 supposedly professional football teams played last night, but:

1- many of the behaviours exhibited weren’t at all ‘professional’, unless getting yourself sent off counts?
2- at times, it was barely football, more comedic (esp Chelsea), especially given the supposed high standards of the PL.

2 Likes

I make it only three left (5 subs and 2 red cards), Porro, Bissouma, Son I think.

1 Like
1 Like

I can be forgiven for losing count …

2 Likes

Bob, you actually get dignity, humility, respect and fairness - something that is sadly lacking in the EPL and latterly on this particular forum topic.

2 Likes

Um, wasn’t Bielsa caught sending someone to spy at Chelsea’s training ground before a Chelsea - Leeds match a few seasons ago? Hardly respectful or fair.

I think it was vs Derby when Frank was in charge

Ground No. 84
Dortmund

He was - against Derby and although it was common practice in Argentina he admitted immediately that he made a mistake and insisted on paying the fine himself. He also famously allowed Aston Villa to score an uncontested equalising goal against Leeds when one of their players was down injured - that does not happen now.

We all make mistakes, it is how we react and learn from them that defines us.

4 Likes

Well said, that man.

Marcelo was nothing if not honourable, and he will always be remembered fondly, both at Elland Road, and throughout the City of Leeds.

M.O.T.

1 Like

Have a sense of humour.

The Bielsa side of things was the hell for leather attacking side and was actually a compliment

1 Like