English Premier League Season 2023/24

Thanks Bob, but this particular EPL topic has quite often degenerated into something very unsavoury (you in particular have borne the brunt of it) and no amount of “it’s only a bit of banter” can rescue it.

Most other topics here are pretty respectful but this one is generally not, unfortunately.

2 Likes

I’ve found this fairly tame compared to most of the spats further up the thread. It’s the only reason I’ve contributed. I normally steer well clear. A lot of respect for Bielsa btw. Loved his style both on and off the pitch.

1 Like

Pretty thin bench for Newcastle tonight, 3 senior outfield players and 3 kids

For completeness, arguably Bielsa’s finest performance was beating Man City with 10 men. Had Spurs followed Bielsa’s lead in that match (anything but gung ho) they’d likely have taken something from the game. On a broader point many of us see Bielsa as something close to a family member. Not known anything like it since Revie. Bielsa is a coaching and human role model. Farke’s alright as well.

3 Likes

Dortmund.
Ground no 84.

8 Likes

Not looking good for Newcastle in the Champions League but they’ve got two games to turn things around PSG away and AC Milan at home though possible not in that order I’m not sure.

Arsenal host serial European winners Seville at The Emirates though tonight we are looking a bit light due to injuries Nketia hasn’t trained this week which could give Kai Havertz another chance to finally shine as other than Trossard I’m not sure who will start up front.

Our biggest worry is our captain Martin Odegaard who hasn’t trained either and with ESR out for a few weeks it looks like Fabio Viera in midfield with Jorginho and Rice and against a physical side like Seville it could be tough.

However we’re at home and have already beaten them so we should still have enough to beat them.

Farke is rubbish. Send him back to Carrow Road as soon as you can…

1 Like

Given we have some fans who turned on Bielsa I expect he’ll be available at some point :wink:

1 Like

I hope Arsenal do win tonight. Not so much for the supporters, more to keep Arteta quiet for a few days.
AFC - Arsenal Football Club, or more recently Arteta Forever Complaining. :wink:

3 Likes

There’s nobody better than Mikel Arteta, he’s the best little Spaniard we know’

“At this football club, we don’t accept mistakes we don’t benefit from”

:rofl:

5 Likes

I think Arteta needs to fix his biggest mistake this year, Havertz. Sorry the young man can’t perform but he is in no way capable of playing at these levels. Should be gone, did anyone see the header Havertz just attempted in the Seville game? He looked like a 12 year old who had never played soccer in his life. So embarrasing for him and the team.

Grief. Seville are rubbish. No wonder they are 15th (yes, 15th) in the Spanish league.

Can we hide all sharp objects from Keano. I fear the worst with him.

Martinelli flatters to deceive. His final ball is woeful.

Lucky that Saka can make something from the scraps.

But then terrible management from Arteta allowing Saka to come back on when injured and the game already won. Could have caused a worse injury.

Oder the Uber ……

Atb
Kk

Nine points should see us through well done boys a great performance against Seville.

Unlike Man U what an utter farce in Copenhagen how long will ETH last?

Man U are heading towards finishing the season with no trophies this year…… puts us in some Stella company. All we need now is a spoilt like child as a manger and some sky awards.

Atb
Kk

2 Likes

Nah, Keano, ya got it wrong. Stella is Belgian. CARLSBERG is from COPENHAGEN…

I’ll get my hat…

:grin:

1 Like