English Premier League Season 2023/24

I think you’re being a bit mean to Arsenal, I wouldn’t describe them as an embarrassing fart.

As every team subsequently relegated after a points deduction has also thought…

I look forward to a repeat of the end of season bottling then :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Erm, you bit.

Genuine question - has every team that’s had a points deduction been relegated? I’m really not sure of the history where this is concerned.
Edit - even if they have, there’s always a first.

1 Like

This paints some of the picture. The missing bit is what happened next. One or two exceptions but pretty much not good.

Man United fail again against a depleted Newcastle side.

Paints a picture…

Match Stats

Home Team Newcastle Away Team Man Utd

Possession
Home 58% Away 42%

Shots
Home 22 Away 8

Shots on Target
Home 4 Away 1

Corners
Home 7 Away 3

Fouls
Home 6 Away 13

Everton will NOT go down.

1 Like

Just got back home from the game Woy. 8pm k.o. On a Saturday night FFS! Who decides these things?!

That’s probably the worst Man Utd team I can remember up here. Gutless.

As for us, 3 games in a week and we’ve beaten Chelsea, Man Utd and PSG (VAR notwithstanding). All with a full first team out injured. God, I’m so proud. We need some players back soon though…:black_heart::white_heart:

6 Likes

Another loss against an opponent away to a team in the upper half of the table. We were outplayed and we were lucky to only lose 1-0. Rashford and Martial the way they just walked around was embarrassing to watch.

3 Likes

My son watched the Newcastle game from the window of his exes flat. Regrets it.

1 Like

10/10 , it looked very cold. :cold_face:

A good match though

1 Like

Can’t understand why you lot keep losing, keano.

After all, you’ve got the second best goalkeeper in the league…

… apparently :roll_eyes:

The real test comes on Thursday though :wink:

1 Like

I don’t think United have won away to a team in the top six of the PL since October 2021.

The FA Cup third round draw has thrown up some excellent matches the pick of which is

Arsenal v Liverpool which means we will play Liverpool twice in a little over two weeks away at Anfield on December, 23rd and then at home in the FA Cup during the weekend of January 6th.

Other matches are

Luton v Bolton
Stoke v Brighton
West Ham v Bristol City
The Spuds v Burnley
Fulham v Rotherham
Sunderland v Newcastle
Crystal Palace v Everton
Notts Forest v Blackpool or Forest Green
Wigan v Man U
Gillingham v Sheffield Utd
Chelsea v Preston
QPR V Bournemouth
Brentford v Wolves

And of course the Cheats get another easy draw v Huddersfield at the Emptyhad.

“Rashford and Martial the way they just walked around was embarrassing to watch”.
Agreed, it is an absolute disgrace. These awful performances, individually and collectively, are happening week in, week out. The manager, coaching staff, and players seem incapable or unwilling to do anything to alter it.
I keep thinking “right, this week, lessons will have been learned and things will be better”. But they’re not. The sooner Jim Ratcliffe starts wielding some power the better. A huge rebuilding job, and a major clearout of coaching and playing staff.

1 Like

Jim Ratcliffe’s record suggest he’s no more ability than the Glasers. United fans waiting for some magical improvement are more likely to be left bewildered.