English Premier League Season 2023/24

I saw it with my own eyes; Maguire was the only one who had anything like a reasonable attitude. It was very strange…

3 Likes

Just looked at the Spurs team line-up against Citeh.

Erm, I’ve just got to go out for a while. I’ll be back next week…

1 Like

I think a bit part of Man U’s problem is not so much the leadership from the management team but the absence of it on the pitch. The sides that win titles etc have players on the pitch that drive a performance from their teammates. I’m thinking Gary Neville and Keane at the old United, Gerrard and Carragher at the old Liverpool, and Terry & Lampard at the old Chelsea. I’m not seeing anything like that from the current United squad. Talent, yes, but character and leadership, no.

3 Likes

Yep. No centre-backs and seemingly a plan to plan a high defensive line! And against City! I think if I were a Spurs fan I’d go and have a lie down. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I agree, and that was certainly the case last night. They simply weren’t up for it at all, and the 1-0 defeat flattered them.

1 Like

I agree. I am a Forest fan too. Without Awoniyi or Johnson we have no proven goal scorers and when we do get a lead it seems we can rarely hold onto it. Forest played poorly yesterday, almost as bad as against Brighton a week ago. We seem unable to string more than a couple of passes together in midfield, and always playing sideways or backwards. Two players did well yesterday, Murillo and Felipe, while Gibbs-White had a shocker. Of course I could moan about the failure to award us a penalty when Yates was pulled down by his shirt at a corner - as Steve Cooper said ‘where’s the refereeing consistency?’ because last week a rather similar incident led to a penalty decision against us which ultimately proved to be the difference between us and Brighton.

2 Likes

From last night’s match …

1 Like

I have never understood the need to remove your shirt when your team is doing well. Excuse my ignorance but when and why did this first happen? Is it only Newcastle fans that do this? Never seen Forest supporters do the same - maybe I should look more closely!

1 Like

Liverpool had a very close shave this afternoon conceding 4 goals (if you include the disallowed goal)
against Fulham at Anfield it took two extra time goals to get the three points. Far from hugging everyone and kissing the badge Klopp should be furious.

C’mon the Spuds 2-2 at the Emptyhad!

3-2 The Cheats now.

Although he scored thought City went backwards when Grealish arrived. He’s reverted to his turning round and retreating best. When’s DeBruyne back? He’s a huge loss.

Well, I didn’t see that 3-3 scoreline coming! Credit Spurs for maintaining an attacking intent throughout the game. Many sides would have folded. I feel a bit sorry for the ref as there will be a lot of attention and controversy over his decision very late into the game to give a foul on Haaland when Grealish looked to be through on goal, but what can he do once he’s blown? Anyway, the bigger reason that City dropped two points was the glorious chances that Haaland missed, so he and City should really cut the ref a bit of slack.

3 Likes

I was at the game but I can confirm that that is NOT me! I had lots of layers on - more skins than an onion! :black_heart::white_heart:

2 Likes

Yet another Hooper blooper, this time Citeh were the victim, though the game should have been won well before then.

West Ham v Palace: What an abysmal game.

Palace offered nothing, the Tartan Diego Simeone’s Massive Euro Cup Winning Cockney Bastards offered nothing either (apart from Magnificent Mo Kudus). Dreadful refereeing, an atmosphere like a morgue at the Dildodrome… rubbish, and not really worth freezing one’s nuts off for.

4 Likes

Thanks to The Spuds for depriving The Cheats of two points.

1 Like

Just another quick word on Jude Bellingham whose performances for Real just get better and better the Spanish press are saying that finally there might be an Heir to Zidane’s crown and yes he’s English and will line up this Summer with Declan Rice to form a midfield finally capable of winning a major trophy.

Forget Lampard, Gerrard, Beardsley and Beckham these two could form the best International midfield partnership in world football for the next four or five tournaments.

2 Likes

I can only agree Kev :disappointed:

We really are in the doldrums. We have had a lot of injuries this season but I think it is time for Roy to go and enjoy his retirement and bring in someone younger ( you may have the same feeling about Moyes)

2 Likes

12 Likes