English Premier League Season 2023/24

Haaland is a big over grown baby.

A bit like Arteta then?

1 Like

Bob, it is a well-known fact that England will win sweet FA (see what I did there?) unless there is at least one West Ham player in the team. We know this because history tells us so. Arsenal, Spuds, Man U and other castoffs just won’t cut it, despite Bellingham’s obvious talent. You just need some Iron in there.

So unless Southgate picks Bowen or JWP, England are going to remain trophyless for the foreseeable future.

Sorry!

3 Likes

There has to be a personal problem with Rashford. I know its a confidence thing but how can he keep blowing from hot to cold

2 Likes

You’re right @Ravvie but unlike Artita, as least Hasland had something to be upset about. Great game though; Spurs stuck right in there.

Think you’ll find the key component is brothers (not for England Women of course) :wink:

I think a belated red card is in order

2 Likes

Kev I think both Jared and JWP should be in the squad and I totally agree that neither Man U or Spuds players should be.

The referee blue his whistle before the ball was played forward and so had no choice but to call it back. I didn’t think it was that great a game at all it was littered with mistakes from both sides and was decidedly average.

The Cheats should have won be three or four due mainly to the Spuds awful defence . The Cheats have drawn three on the bounce conceding 8 goals and The Spuds have 1 point from a possible 16.

It was patently a really poor decision by the referee, and potentially stopped a goal-scoring opportunity. However not nearly as obvious an opportunity as the one Harland himself spurned much earlier in the game; so presumably he would have been happy for his teammates and manager to surround him so aggressively for his mistake? The double standards and hypocrisy from players and managers (that includes you Mr Arteta), is astonishing.

1 Like

That may (or may not) be fact, but it doesn’t alter the fact that it was an awful refereeing mistake. It was a great game from a neutral viewing standpoint, but City should have had it won in the first hour. Pep’s reaction was classy, unlike Artetas embarrassing petulance the other week…

3 Likes

It was a fantastic game from an Arsenal standpoint.

And NUFC. Only 3 teams in the top 9 won at the weekend. The next month will be frantic, with matches coming thick and fast. One of the few benefits of Christmas. That, and the cheese :smiley:

1 Like

Erm, care to elaborate ?
A long time since I was at school… but…

Are all you Squatter fans the same at mathematics ?

And port, pigs in blankets……etc

2 Likes

Their (and others) behaviour ruins the game imo and both of them should have been shown a card on the field. The lack of respect that’s shown to officials in football is a disgrace. There’s not another code that would get away with this type of sht.

But I guess their behaviour is only a reflection of how a lot of punters carry on. They’re quick to blame the ref for their teams poor performance.

3 Likes

Wrong!

Hooper put the whistle to his mouth, then twice waved play on, then blew the whistle after the onside Grealish was clear of the last defender

Shay Given had an interesting take on this one. He wondered whether the ref didn’t actually see Grealish due to the 3 spurs players around him so he blew because of that. It would have been interesting to see an angle of his view of the pitch.

5 Likes

This is fine though and Pep saying refs can make him loose his mind is also fine.

So if true that’s disgraceful and embarrassing isn’t it?