Ethernet cable test, 4 cables go head to head

Worst combination at your place…
It is here a bit like a political debate… the other is worth and the own stuff is best.
Actually dunc, geko, Dan and I might think the same other way round - meaning, we support the other party.

Currently listening to Madison Cunningham … with my wonder cable sigma :blush::crazy_face:

I don’t want to tick your box, but so good the sigma sounds in m system (and I think in gekos as well) there must be something wrong in your system - as is in our noisy but very expensive hifi boxes. :rofl::wink:.
Just kidding and. Bit provoking. But in a nice way - no offense :blush::nerd_face:

2 Likes

I don’t have any of those cables but it sounds amazing here. It must mean I’m very good at what I do. Cable matchmaker.

I’ve started a pitch for my new cable matching company. What you think?

Welcome to The Cable Matchmaking Agency, by Blackbird. I combine the art of cable matchmaking with the science of love to provide an intentional approach to meet your perfect cable.

My team feels privileged to host a membership network of cables you probably won’t have tried before. We work exclusively with cables whom we are proud and passionate to introduce to potential matches, and, who are ready and available to meet the best cable of their life.

At The Cable Matchmaking Agency, we understand the unique challenges that successful cable synergy face when searching for the perfect cable. Our exclusive matchmaking services are designed to help you find the cable who not only fits your criteria for prat, soundstage, and bass responce, but who also meets your deeper needs in musicality. Contact us today to learn more about how we can help you find your perfect cable.

3 Likes

Not possible!
Only neet will bring you full enlightenment. Will be very pleased to read your thoughts soon - which party you might join.
But… your from Sweden … :rofl::blush:

1 Like

I saw that Diamond, interesting to hear you thoughts re Vodka vs Diamond on the last leg, Gaz.

Lucifer lives far away from me so I’m safe. I think…? The Neet mafia might be around the corner…

1 Like

I have both … must look where I wrote my comparison
Here

If you get a used one, it is really nice!

1 Like

None taken :blush:. I wrote “in my stereo” so I know it does not apply to everyone. And yes something is a miss in your stereos :joy:

Nice one but no need for
Me since I have the best cables already… in the universe.

After another listening session tonight, i am sure that the hemingway is the best cable in my system.
I was definitely a bit tired the other day, and i think that was the reason i was doubting myself.
So that’s it, i will use the diamond from the melco, and the hemingway to the dac.
Cheers dunc

4 Likes

Carl XVI Gustav in Paris since 3 hours. To assist the Olympic Games ?
No.
He is the ambassador of Neotech. He will make the round of France audio dealers.

1 Like

Sorry you won the gold because silver is a better conductor.

Regards Carl

2 Likes

Hi :slightly_smiling_face:
YES,.it makes a difference…
“Everything Matters”

The Ethernet-cable between the incoming fiber-box in the house and the router can be heard a clear difference in,.depending on which ethernet-cable you use.
You can also clearly hear which direction of that ethernet-cable who is best for the soundquality.
If you have the opportunity to test the direction for the best soundquality on that ethernet-cable…definitely do it…!!

When I brought fiber into the house,.I planned it so that I could primarily optimize my soundquality in the music system.

SO,.my incoming fiber-box in the house is only about two meters from my music-system…
Therefore,.it is easy to optimize the ethernet-cable from the incoming fiber-box to the streamer.

I have tried and evaluated some “noname” ethernet-cables between incoming fiber-box and router,.as well as…
• Blue Jeans Cable cat6a
• Audioquest Vodka
• Audioquest Diamond
• Entreq (can’t remember which one)
• Neotech NEET-1008 Silver

It was the Neotech NEET-1008 Silver that was the best of the above in my music-system between incoming fiber- box and router.

To further optimize the whole thing,.you can install an Ediscreation Fiberbox II after your incoming fiber-box.
You connect your ethernet-cable coming from your incoming fiber-box to Ediscreation’s Fiberbox II…
And from the Ediscreation Fiberbox II to your switch,.or directly to your streamer if you don’t have a dedicated hi-fi switch.

With this solution,.you have implemented fiber in the “signal chain”, which is very positive for the soundquality if you have the “right” fiber cabling.

What I mean by “right” fiber cabling we can take up later…
This is thoroughly tested.

:large_blue_diamond: In the picture below…
Back of Ediscreation Fiberbox II

1 Like

And you can still control your system even though you go directly from incoming fiberbox to Edis? This means you bypass the Router? Because I assume one cannot go from the incoming fiberbox directly to the switch since it is “dumb”.

The edis directly into the incoming fiberbox means it acts partly as another router but you can still use the router you have for wireless in your home?

By the way, is this product not CE certified for the EU market meaning illegal?

1 Like

Sorry,.I wrote wrong, I’m a bit tired in the morning :grin:

You connect the Ediscreation Fiberbox II after your router,.but before your switch, or directly to your streamer if you lack a dedicated hifi-switch.
I have recommended many Ediscreation Fiberbox II to hifi-friends,. and everyone has been incredibly satisfied with the soundquality increase it has contributed to.

The last one,.I don’t understand what you are talking about.
You can turn to the Swedish distributor and retailer,.located in Malmö.
I don’t write the name because I think it violates the forum rules :wink::smiley:.

By the way,.Ediscreation has an incredibly good hifi-switch too, see picture below on its back.

All electrical goods sold in the EU have by law to comply with a variety of safety and electrical standards. One of the legal requirements is that it must bear markings that show particular standards to which it is certified, one of which is that it must be CE mark. Without all that it can’t legally be sold within the EU, and IIRC (it’s a few years since I had a role in product testing) it also may be illegal to import into the EU. Although the UK has left the EU, the same requirements apply there. I suspect the query was because there were no markings on the back. But perhaps they are on the underside?

I note that despite its fancy name, this device is an opti isolator, and they of course have been around for a while (though also of course different products vary). To my mind the logical place for an optical isolator would be at the lost position before the streamer, And then use a high noise rejection cable between it and the streamer - Or perhaps adding other things to lock any noise picked up in that glass cable, such as ferrites.

Regarding the first thing you write,.I’m aware of that.
But,.as I wrote, there Blackbird can turn to the Swedish distributor/retailer.
End of story…

The second thing you write,.you give a lot of advice and opinions around this really great product.
One question,.have you listened to it…??
If not,.then your views are not relevant.

This with fiber in the signal chain is coming more and more,.you have Adot media-converters and other solutions, where you usually have an external SMPS (big disadvantage).
The product described above has,.among other things, a built-in dedicated linear powersupply (a big advantage).
AND,.has received fantastic reviews.

Two years ago,.I spent over three months testing and evaluating these fiber solutions, this together with a mentor who researched and developed fiber solutions vs music-systems for about five years.
What this mentor (who is also a friend since the mid-90s) not know about this isn’t worth knowing.

BUT,.this was not what we were going to discuss in this thread, it was just a quick tip from me.
:black_small_square:SO,.Back To Topic :smiley:

:large_blue_diamond: Addition:
The previously mentioned Ediscreation Fiberbox II can be advantageously evaluated both before and after a dedicated “hifi-switch”.
We have after evaluations in many many music-systems,.found that the positive effect can vary vs location.
SO,.best to evaluate both above placements in the music-system.

NOW,.Back To Topic…

Although I clarified the question about the legal position of the Ediscreation Fiberbox II, I have not said anything negative about It. All I did was suggest that a good position for it is likely be at the closest it can be to the last point of the ethernet chain (that is hardly “a lot of views and opinions”!). Because it’s purpose surely is to isolate the signal Electrical, why not do that last and then you don’t have to worry about noise being picked up again afterwards. If you haven’t tried it in that position, I respectfully suggest it would be worth doing so before you criticise my suggestion. Of course, if the modification if the sound of music replayed through your system is improved to your ears by the effect of noise, (e.g. modulating the DAC), then it might not be best at last point. As for whether I have tried it at all, of course not, as I avoid all ethernet problems by not streaming music across a network.

PS: I see that @Innocent_Bystander has writing a post.
This is about my total of three posts about “fiber solutions”,.I will not comment further out of respect for the OP.
I gave a quick tip to Lucifer…thats that.

I have twice written…
:black_small_square:Back To Topic
I hope it is respected.

It is normal for some degree of discussion aside from the main theme (which in thus case was Dunc’s “shootout” not others’ experiences with cables), but perhaps @Dunc can advuse whether he us happy for other duscussions to continue.