Ethernet cables - YOUR LISTENING Shooutout Summary

Great result.

Probably due mainly to noise reduction.

But what technical aspects of the system cause that is anyone’s guess.

It’s remarkable what the last leg of Ethernet cable do to the balance and presentation.

3 Likes

I recently swapped out bjc cable for an Ansuz cable, the improvement was clearly audible perhaps because of synergy with my ansuz switch.

2 Likes

Shocking would be my description!

I think what I’m finding with the power supplies is that the Sigma so transparent it is just revealing the difference between the two supplies with utter clarity. With CatSnake I’m just not getting this level of resolution, so to me they sound different but not necessarily better or quieter. Catsnake on the SMPS just sounds faster and on the LPS it sounds slower and calmer, nothing more. On the Sigma it’s like the SMPS is sitting in front of a good stereo whilst the LPS calls a taxi and takes you to the bloody venue! For me it’s been the next fundamental step forward in reproducing music.

4 Likes

Hi
PN was a bit heavy in the bass at the early days from new. I have not realized as negative the days as I had SBL at the time. But when burnt in there nothing of that - when burnt in it is getting more open, analog and 3d…
Sigma will be similar to entreq (maybe with some more micro details) that’s wat my gut tells me.
The tiny details compared with a non cold, non clinical, non harsh almost analog sound is what makes sigma magic. In my system even more than omega (omega not burnt in)

I use Audioquest cinnamon from Innuos zenith3 to PN

2 Likes

That’s great - but how does a digital cable do that?

I suppose by giving the dac a signal with a lot less noise.

It’s always a pleasure to read your post and I can not thank you more, for bringing sigma on the table.
I totally agree with you with all you found out for sigma.
Resolution, speed, groove and not overall edgy … with sigma there is magic.
I did not compare to ee8 smps, but had the same moment as I think that only sigma had pulled the curtains fully on my 500 upgrade.
Love this cable

1 Like

That’s how the cable does that !
And it’s good that it does that (better than others I have tested) :wink:

1 Like

Yes, I think the power supply quietens the EE8, which then gets fed through the Sigma cable, which also seems to remove a bit more hash and the DAC ends up with just less noise overall. The way notes start, stop or decay minus the digital noise does bring it very close to that analogue type sound.

3 Likes

You don’t have to thank me. I was just in the right place at the right time and had read PJL’s findings regarding Sigma. Seeing one lying in the floor at a friends house was just a pure stroke of luck!

1 Like

I have to thank - you and the universe :grinning:
This final hint was perfectly timed - I was on the edge of disliking the better. With sigma in the first lace I would not have questioned the 2nd PS I think.

Who is PJL

Currently listening to electronic using (made from analog synthesizers).
What is that … sigma is revealing things I have never noticed. All is lively breathing. Suddenly I far distance sounds - voices…
Phantastic!
But I just admit that this can also be related to other recent big updates

1 Like

PJL is another forum member who’s been pushing the boundaries a bit like us!

2 Likes

Might get PN tomorrow. Latest Monday.

What power cord are you using on PN @geko @drago ?

Powerline here as well!

1 Like

Ok, cool. I’m using Powerline on the Ansuz today so :+1:

2 Likes

I have a suggestion, try saving your money, the difference from EE8 to Phoenix Net is not that great👌

1 Like

It really is

3 Likes

Soon to find out.

2 Likes

Hi :slightly_smiling_face:
With that statement,.have you listened and compared these two switches you mention against each other.?

I have had EE8,.and several switches after that.
I now have the Pura Ammonite Elite switch,.and it is incredibly much better than the EE8 in soundquality.

2 Likes