Ethernet cables - YOUR LISTENING Shooutout Summary

Yes I’ve seen a few saying the same thing and if that is correct I could fully understand it would be a mismatch with PN. I believe PN is happy with a fast, neutral cable and not a warm lush one.

The EE8 + Farad3 is more close to Ansuz D2 than PN IMO.

2 Likes

I know I still can’t quite believe the effect. I’ve had some amazing nights listening to music with it. Oh…Neet 1008 on the way for my Core. I’ll let you know how it sounds.

3 Likes

Spot on!

Ethernet switches and ethernet cables have similar effect here as different signal/speaker cables. It’s not small.

We are all steering in the same direction - @geko: I can’t wait to hear your thought about PN. Plus sigma.
@Blackbird
Try PN with the ansuz cable and … try a sigma soon. Sigma is best of both worlds. Speed and body. I think the sigma will be faster than your entreq.

For me I think Sigma has been one of the biggest cable difference I’ve ever heard. As Drago says, easily a box upgrade equivalent.

2 Likes

Will do coming days and also have my eyes open for a used Sigma.

1 Like

My only alternative for the server route is catsnake - for known reasons I won’t try. Cinnamon is a cheap one but is fast and rocks with less resolution. Love to hear about neotech

The guy selling one recently changed his mind when pulling it out. Classic :smile:

But there will be more. Shunyata is rolling out new series of cables now. Theta seems to be extremely high value cables.

BJC should be more balanced/neutral than Catsnake if that is what you need. I have one incoming from Amazon to be placed between router and switch.

Theta is a less expensive cable. The guy put I back in his system - what should I say. I can really understand why he is doing it. He runs sigma - omega with dcs rossini.
You should at least try sigma - with 2x noise reduction balls

From router to switch I have a cheap but very good

CSL - 2m Cat 8 LAN Kabel

From Mr bezos

This could be correct. The magic inside PN is not its speed but is naimish music performance…
As a matter of fact with PN I did no long A/B - I listened to it and than went back to ee8 farad. In my room the groove of PN was unbeatable. But! No warm cable - I had vodka for a long time and made the upgrade to it together with PN. Vodka is very fast. Catsnake stayed for 30 sec.

But even with sigma (which is fast but not too speedy) and PN it should be less fast than d2 and entreq …
When the PN magic clicks in you will know what I mean - when it does not, you will hve sooo much fun with the massive danish box :blush:

1 Like

Either way the EE8 + Farad3 is leaving. My oh my the low end on PN is beautiful. It’s bigger than D2 but still well defined and easy to follow. PN has something I would call a beautiful “tone” to it. May I say it is similar to NACA5? It’s not very detailed in the highs compared to D2 but it’s keeping music together in a beautiful way that connects with emotions on a non HIFI way. Both D2 Powerswith and PN are extremely good but in different ways. Gonna be an interesting week :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Daisy chain them

1 Like

That is what I described as naimish sound (when I got the PN I had full Olive).
All LPs (also farad plus ee8) lacked a bit sparkle at top end. But PN is overall very much complete and involving. Put sigma or ansuz in and… :blush:

1 Like

Or Neotech😄

2 Likes

Didn’t see that coming! :smile:

1 Like

A 10 000 EUR switch setup. What a great idea :smile::see_no_evil:

3 Likes

Farad sold. No return now. I’ve stopped comparing cables for now and only focus on PN vs D2. D2 Ethernet is going back. Turning into a psycho here so need some focus :face_with_spiral_eyes:

What’s interesting with the cables is I heard bigger difference between them in Ansuz than PN. Might be since the D2 cable is connected with a 3.5mm cable for some active stuff going on. Or that PN isn’t as transparent as D2.