Ethernet cables - YOUR LISTENING Shooutout Summary

For sure :blush:

Hi :slightly_smiling_face:ā€¦

My Neotech NEET-1008 Silver needed about 160 hours of burn-in before they passed Audioquest Diamond in sound quality.

Agree with @Michaelb this is important,.InnuOā€™s Phoenix Net switch needs a few days to stabilize.

1 Like

Oh that will be interesting. Remember to let it burn in. My friend says 1000h but it will sound good before that just as @peder says.

And also, keep an open mindā€‹:wink::smile:

The Sigma v2 is supposed to not stand a chance.:scream:

1 Like

Yep, I will be leaving it in for at least a week before I make my mind up on SQ. It will eventually go between my Core and switch but thought Iā€™d compare it to Sigma into the the ND just to see how it stacks up.

3 Likes

I doubt that - why should this be so? AFAIK there has been one guy who had a perfect match with neotech - even better than omega.
Thatā€™s valid but a single opinion.
As geko and I had the sigma for some time now (and others also) and found out very similar and excellent characteristics, I am not surprised that neotech seems to have no chance against sigma

He hasnā€™t had a perfect match he has tried it extensively and compared to a myriad of Ethernet cables the Shunyatas included. He has tried it in several different systems at very high end levels and he hasnā€™t been the only one listening. Iā€™m not saying everyone should agree. Iā€™m saying itā€™s a very interesting cable and it should get consideration compared to cables in the Omega range. Thatā€™s why it could beat the Sigma in your systems too.

And if it does. All the better. Youā€™ll save some moneyšŸ˜Š

They look interesting but ATC have been on my mind for some time now. Will have to start with a sorting period listening in stores to find out where to go if so. First and foremost a musical presentation more than HIFI since I listen for very long periods every day.

Choosing a company that cares about their customers is also important to me.

1 Like

Atc and kudos - that was (is) my shortlist too. I needed a speaker to place near the wall, so kudos was perfect

1 Like

From the clips Iā€™ve heard they seem to have the balance I like. But unfortunately and strange there is no retailer in Sweden carrying them.

Itā€™s very strange. Mats had Kudos before. I bought a pair of x2. Really nice little speakers that I had until I got the Spendor D9

I see the Spendors that are the same as yours are still available.

I see Hifiart seem to carry some Kudos models but not those I would be interested in if so.

And I know who you are talking about,.he has extreme experience with the absolute best high end systems.

This does not mean that the outcome will be the same in all systems,.but Neo Silver is worth having in comparisonsā€¦definitely.

2 Likes

Surely you know,.that the direction of Neotech Silver should be/read in the direction of the text on the cable towards your streamer.

I didnā€™t know Hifiart was still active, are you sure they are?

Yes Iā€™ve seen those. If I didnā€™t have a pair Iā€™d bid on them

I believe so. They had their sales list on their web updated in March 2024 at least.

Exactly!

Actually a question I was going to ask you as there is no direction on the cable but tried it first with the signal going in the direction of the Neotech logo. Used it like this for about four hours then reversed it and thought the bass was way better this way round but Iā€™m interested in your experience/suggestion?

Oh I wonder who runs the company these days but thatā€™s a question for another platform I guess.

I really appreciate anyone testing and fiddling as we all do!
Donā€™t want to look too biased (which I am a bit as sigma has been such a revelation).
Itā€™s all about noise - when you suffer from it in your system (which I thought I donā€™t as I have a PN), active noise reduction cables should be the winner. If not ā€¦ all open again.
Will be delighted to hear gekoā€œs thoughts when he installed it at the core