Ethernet cables - YOUR LISTENING Shooutout Summary

I wonder how many times my wife have asked “what have you bought?” and my reply have been “Oh it’s just a cable”. I’m glad we fiddlers don’t live nearby. :smile:

1 Like

I’m still happy with my Belden CatSnake Cat6a cables but all this talk of the Sigma and Neotech have got me a little curious, I must admit. Is there any consensus? I look forward to seeing how this works out.

Also, has anyone tried the Neotech Silver vs Copper? Whenever I have compared copper vs silver in everything from mains cables to interconnects and Ethernet cables, I’ve always gone with the copper version in the past…

Hi @Geko

According to the image below,.that direction of the text from the switch into the streamer.

Too expensive to print an arrow :smile: At least they printed “ethernet cable” so you know what it is :see_no_evil:

3 Likes

It’s all about how you like it. Geko came from catsnake and liked sigma much more. Neotech is also a treat.
As you have the big innous boxes and PN, I would give sigma a chance. With zenith mk3 and PN is works very good.

By the way - sigma is fully copper :smiling_face:

1 Like

… even better than omega."

I’ll be verifying that in about a week’s time

2 Likes

In my setup the sigma was better to my ears… omega was a bit darker with the best bass I have ever heared. But hf sparkle was better with sigma. Omega was not burnt in.

Edit: you are referring to the statement that neotech is better than omega. Will be pleased to hear your thoughts - omega or neotech on its way?

currently burning in Neotech, Omega is my last leg ethernet cable, from the PN to the Innuos Statement

1 Like

Another innous setup :blush:
Sigma is my last leg - PN to nd555
Please share your thoughts of omega vs neotech. Any sneak impression? :smiling_face:

1 Like

no, as I’ve attached it to my router i.e. out of my audio network, so that it has more bandwidth going through it.
I’ll let you know my thoughts :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thx
So we have 2x neotech vs shunyata in demo (you and @Geko ).
I am looking forward to the thoughts.
For me - sigma is still one of theses magic hifi items with potential for a all time classic :smiling_face:

In the past, any thread involving Ethernet cables would have fights breaking out all the time but on this thread people are really respectful and/or agreeing with each other. Boring

3 Likes

:rofl:

3 Likes

Do we know the kickback @Lucifer gets now? :smile:

2 Likes

That’s because no one puts baby in the corner!!

:sunglasses:

2 Likes

Today Ansuz combo sounds amazing. Tight, neutral, lots of micro information; prat, deep tuneful bass etc. Wow! It really wants you to increase the volume more and more.

Tomorrow evening it’s PN time. From memory I fought bit more with PN which I never do with D2. But when PN was right it was very right. Will see what the extra days being on might have done with PN.

3 Likes

I had to power down all as a massive thunderstorm passed by.
Oh no - all needs to warm up again.

You have to decide soon…
Ansuz is … go for it :smiling_face:

2 Likes

You can always speed up the heating process playing

IMG_6695

3 Likes

It’s so warm in here - there is no real cooling process

PN just in. PN is a gentle caress to your ear with a performance that pulls you in. The bass is what really grabs you on this one. Hefty yet detailed. You need to hear it to understand. It’s clear strenght in my book.

D2 is you sitting next to the musicians almost being able touching the instruments. Realism, 3D, micro details, PRaT, tight more neutral bass that digs deeep. More of a live performance but never tiring or causing fatigue. Not anywhere near that. What is catching your attention here is not the bass foundation as with PN but more the insight into the musical soundscape. It’s painting the musical picture in a different way than PN.

To compare with something I would say PN is the Lavender and D2 is Super Lumina of signal cables. To explain their focus in some way :slight_smile:

They are different and I will not be able to say one is better than the other. They are both wonderful in different ways. D2 is currently the preferred one in my setup. Can I have both? :smile:

5 Likes