Ethernet Switch and Cables Mania

It’s the same for powerblocks, power cables, interconnects, additional ps…The basic sound remains the same. I feel we agree.

1 Like

I really don’t really agree … a good power cord can make tremendous difference and change the balance. Naim dealers for example are on to this … and use powerlines usually in demo’s…as you say we all know the improvements to be had on the power side. The discussions here qinda relate to a reaction against ‘bits are bits - dogma’ My recent ethernet - chain experience is the same … again - quite profound…this is my concern … the balance and dynamics change quite allot…we are learning all the time the ways to get good base line performance.

1 Like

Hey @Peder, and others of course, what do you think of that cables set up in an audiophile system? ( more pics in the audiophilia madness thread)

3 Likes

Jesus!

1 Like

Sorry no offence meant … I re phrase ‘cor blimy!’

1 Like

I understood the humour. Would say the same. :+1:

:small_blue_diamond:@frenchrooster, @Richieroo,…

If you said Jesus,.I will say…O My God :yum:.

That dare I not show to my Cableoholic-friend,.then he gets Abstinence-symptoms :grin:.

• But it looks like American-sockets on the floor.

/Peder :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I believe you.

For me it means and what I heard was that Ethernet cables does not change the sound but for an example a high end power cord into a Cisco could in some installations so do. Make sense.

Should probably in the near future upgrade the power cords for my Melco and Cisco…

CVP EC: cable vibration protection

Must be system dependant…mine was extremely sensitive… I am delighted at the end result…I am gobsmacked

2 Likes

Now - no amount of persuasion in the world will have me believe that cable risers on the floor will make a blind bit of difference to the sound of a system.

2 Likes

Would the carpet not act as a better damper!
I thought that spacer gear was for solid floors…aka timber???

There will be a measurable change in gravitational pull on the cables though. :blush:

2 Likes

I see that crazy pillows for cables. Next it will be some beds for cables.
We are in cables mania thread…

1 Like

I have some not expensive risers for speakers cables . My floor is wood suspended. But I didn’t imagine the possibility of pillows…:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Could it effect the insulation. .extra capacitance??? or something I sure Simon can tell us…

https://naim-discourse-files.s3.dualstack.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com/original/3X/1/a/1a93b55180b7a2232869cb848e525fb4851fa7fa.jpeg

Obvious downsides aside, does not actually connecting the cable to the loudspeaker cut down ‘vibration’ even further?

G

4 Likes

:small_blue_diamond:@Aren,…Excuse me for a late reply.

1. I have contacted a friend who has two systems,.both a Naim and a Lejonklou system.
    Because you asked about how…
    “How does Lejonklou compare to Naim.?”

So I thought it is better that he tries to answer you,hoping that he has time for that.

1. Regarding your question about…
    Oyaide IS-707 Cat 7.
    Then I’ll check if it was exactly that cable we were listening to.
    So I will come back with the answer to that question.

/Peder🙂

:small_blue_diamond:@anon35279323,…I say to you as I said to Aren,.excuse me for a late reply.

In fact,.I think this is an issue that we all have to think about a little.
When we tested dual Cisco’s,.so it was exactly the blue C2960-8TC-L. V02 that you have,that we also had.
And they where from 2011.
And we got a Wow-result…Yes,.Really :+1:.

Now say some,.@frenchrooster etc,that the white Cisco 2960 is better.
And @Simon-in-Suffolk,.who began,three years ago to recommend this C2960-8TC-L.
He now says that PD2960 with external powersupply is the new reference.

So,.therefore,I get a bit confused,.and thinking that this maybe we should share some thoughts and experiences about.

:black_small_square:If I’m going to start,.and considering what others have reported for results.
So I think…
I say think,.that it may be advantageous to have two exactly like models of Cisco’s,this to perhaps achieve a so-called synergy effect.

This idea is based on my long experience of active-systems.
Where,.it is always better to have the same amps,instead of mixing two,.three different models of amps from the same brand.

But as I said,.this is just a thought so far.

:small_orange_diamond:Then we also have this with a 10/100,.or a 1000-switch.
Three years ago,.Simon recommended a 10/100 switch.
But now,.some seem to prefer a 1000-switch.

This,.maybe we shall also try to sort out,and get the answers to.

/Peder🙂

Aw I wouldn’t go as far as calling it a reference, it’s simply I like to try and reduce clutter, proliferation of SMPS and mains leads to reduce noise, and the PD does that… and possibly because of some of these factors, I prefer it…

As far as FastEthernet or Gigabit Ethernet… quite simply on the FastEthernet only two pairs are physically connected and enabled… on Gigabit Ethernet all four pairs are active, but two are logically disabled when FastEthernet is negotiated… therefore there is marginally less scope for noise on FastEthernet compared to Gigabit… but other factors may come into play, like a slightly worn SMPS on an older switch only supporting FastEthernet.