Ethernet Switch and Cables Mania

Not really understood Peder. Sorry. What is WASP old club?

1 Like

Why not as Emrei directly? (Incidentally, I also have no idea what it means)

I like AQ cables but really want to kick the habit. I need help!

I know they are harmful to my mental health, which is why I now seek help among you friends. Maybe someone on the forum knows where I can find professional help, as I am desperate to rid myself of the AQ evil. All those lies in the marketing blurb. I have been such a fool.

I know I can hear a difference with AQ…I know it….yes…I am sure there is a difference. But my friends keep telling me it is all in my mind! Is it? Is there a difference using AQ cables? Surely there is, they cost enough, so they must be good. Right?

All I know is that, as I read this thread, I become more doubtful of my ability to tell the difference between one ethernet cable an another. Can this place please help, I think I am going insane.

Just had a brilliant idea that will sort this sorry mess out. Go WiFi! Yes, that’s it! Chuck all the switches, routers, and posh ethernet cables in the bin, and dig out my antennae!

Yes, Stephen has shown me the light. Praise the Lawd!

6 Likes

Send the men in the white coats, quickly !!

4 Likes

Great humor post Nigel! You are the king of British sarcasm! :laughing:

2 Likes

Too late, Cinnamons and Vodkas are in the bin, antennae inserted and air purifiers and ionisers ordered from the river.

Job done, sit back and enjoy the music!

5 Likes

Hope you’re wrong just bought some of the dam things.

Me too, oh, Chord ones. I’m doomed…

1 Like

Will Stephen:

• Renounce wireless
  • Renounce wired Ethernet
  • Renounce steaming

0 voters

1 Like

My Doctor said I need my brain to have some measurements. The Doctor needs some specs. Then , before the results, he told me to absolutely avoid the vodka. Some blue gin only after dinner, then I have to switch off the lights and remove all the antennas.
My brain will be checked by a M. Scanner, a big fluke certified medical grade machine.

4 Likes

Wireless, no wireless, antenna and vodka, vodka without antenna, streaming, not streaming, I am Stephen, I am not Stephen, in , out, in, out, and shake it all about.

Never fear chaps, I am setting up a group called SUCCA - Society of Users of Counterfeit Cables Anonymous.

First meeting at my gaff next week. Bring the offending cables with you and be prepared to open up.

No SUCCA will be judged, I promise.

4 Likes

So we have to bring some vodkas and chords made in China? Not fluke but fake?

I’m going to have Skype the meeting hope your network is up to it.

1 Like

It is easy, but you need a willing partner/friend. Just listen blind - have your partner in crime swap periodically, of course sometimes disconnecting and reconnecting the same cable. He/she ideally should have no idea which is the more expensive or supposedly better cable, and she/he staying out of your sight as much as possible and when unavoidable keeping face averted from you, and speaking nothing at all about the music or hifi. And if the the connections or lie of the cable ends are in sightline of your listening position there will need to be a screen or shroud between (if that has a slight effect itself on the overall sound it will be consistent throughout the testing). At each change they note which is playing, e.g. (1=A, 2=B, 3=A, 4=A etc, and in the same way you keep a record of which sounds better

Do for as long as it takes you to be convinced whether you can hear a difference and feel confident you are selecting the best one each time. Then stop, and compare your lists (assuming you did conclude there was a difference): you will immediately be able to see if you have consistently picked the same cable, or if it is pretty much random.

Ideally from time to time the playing should include a change of music, and if you note that as well you might be able to see if your preference might be recording dependent.

It is wholly applicable to whatever way you assess music - Tune-Dem or overall feeling, though is easier and less demanding on your assistant if it is done with only short plays between changes - and if at any point you have a break the cables should be unplugged at both ends first so no risk of you seeing.

Blimey, IB, I am only kidding mate!

3 Likes

You could add a 4th: Renounce the ND5XS2… (as opposed to streaming full stop)

We SUCCAs are a broad church, find us however you wish.

1 Like

How to stop the kidding? Invite a teckie teacher at home. He will even explain you that your meat should cook 1 hour and 22 mn and 6 seconds, not 1h30. And he will explain it during all the dinner. :star_struck:

1 Like

Blindfolds and cables at @NigelB’s party it is then :partying_face::beer::tumbler_glass::musical_score:, beats S&M…

3 Likes