Ethernet Switch and Cables Mania

I have just ordered a WireWorld Starlight to fight it out against the other 4 cables in my cat off.

A catfight?

4 Likes

Smackdown!

Blue Jeans Cable is in Seattle. Iā€™ve used them for years to supply cables for my business (film/television production). I mentioned one day to the owner that hi-fi cables are directional. He thought I was crazy and was belligerent. So, Iā€™d take anything they do with a grain of salt.

1 Like

Iā€™m fine with letting their product speak for itself. No matter their opinion on ā€œhifiā€ cables.

1 Like

Try Chord C-Streamā€¦ best ā€œvalueā€ ethernet cable I have heard. Much better than anything from AudioQuest.

Iā€™m quite happy with my BJC, thanks.

1 Like

You could be even right with that. I do however hear the fundamental difference in a timeframe of 2/3 days. And with the AQ Diamond which I had longest in, I then heard a further development but minimalā€¦

They also say their cables sound the same, which they dont. But they still choose good cables and terminate them well.

1 Like

Nor my 3 6a cables.

G

1 Like

Indeed.

A cheap cable cannot compete with other branded and more expensive cables ā€¦ Specialized companies, although more expensive, do not steal money from customers ā€¦

So more expensive is always better? I think not.

youā€™d miss the noise

1 Like

my BJC 6a has plastic connectors
the only visible metal is the row of tiny copper coloured connectors inside

3 Likes

Noise is good, especially if it drowns out some of the garbage that passes as music these days.
The louder the better. :joy::joy:

1 Like

I have a CD2 bought 95 stored. Maybeā€¦

2 Likes

:small_blue_diamond:Yes,.they are.
Anyway everyone I listened to (many) over the years.
Both internal and external cables.

/PederšŸ™‚

1 Like

Well, thatā€™s another interesting set of tests to do on my systemā€¦

I hope my electricity board installed the cables the right way round.

2 Likes