Euro 2024

Unfortunately that’s Southgate.

England 0-1 Iceland time for Maddison!

1 Like

Tosin then?

I know nothing about him!

Watching this, perhaps our performances last season weren’t so bad after all.

1 Like

It’s a bit grim. Why do we insist in playing exactly the same for 80 minutes with no variety, so slow in the build up, we just let Iceland get 11 players behind the ball. Otoh when they get it, they’re off and England are back pedalling and stretched. It’s beyond stupid.

2 Likes

It’s very Southgatey

I think it’s our players, they’re just not very bright. I feel it’s only Trent AA and now Cole Palmer who have got good footballing brains, they can see and read the game and adjust/adapt their positioning and play. Everyone else just seems so one dimensional.

Well, at least our side is packed with world class players.

The rest of Europe will be trembling tonight.

Sorry, not with you Jamie.

We’ve just signed of your defenders, Tosin Adarabioyo….I womdered if we’ve wasted more money?

A lack of footballing feet strikes me as being more important than brains at the moment.

Let’s hope the management & players can find a lot of answers in the next couple of weeks.

We are looking nothing like the favourites we are supposed to be.

To paraphrase an old joke, England Tactics seem to be the new after game mint…

What confused me was your comment about Tosin was in reply to my comment about top 4 teams. Didn’t realise it was a unrelated question apologies.
Anyway , Tosin , like many other Fulham players, is inconsistent. When in form is an attackers nightmare. Others times he gives the ball away needlessly. He served Fulham well and will be missed , as now struggling to construct a solid CB pairing with Bassey.
Hope he settles up the road with your team.
Best wishes.

Apologies for the drift.

1 Like

Another ‘well, we were crap, but we learned alot’ moment ftom Southgate.

Same old.

Very funny, Woy. Haven’t the apologists been saying that for nearly 60 years? As a Scotland fan, I was of course delighted to see the mighty Iceland win (to the horror of my many dear English friends) – but at some point it gets embarrassing.

2 Likes

'Mon The Tartan Army, get stuck intae them. :scotland:

6 Likes

Come on Scotland !!!

1 Like

Ah, well…

Gave them far too much space and the keeper really should have done better. This could be a long night for the Scotland back 4 or 5 or 6 if they don’t put more pressure on the German midfield

Erm, a bit like that really. 2:0