Atmosphere good but a dull game so far

1 Like

Soooo predictable…

Right on first guess…

1 Like

Someone recently described him as a ‘gifted headless chicken’

All in all, a very traditional England start

2 Likes

Apart from Albanian fans duffing up Serbian fans at a bar (England fans caught in the crossfire)!

Guessing you meant English teams’ rivalries!

1 Like

Looks like Harry has gone full ‘timber’

2 Likes

That was a struggle.
Lost all inventiveness second half. Need to up game for Denmark.

1 Like

Someone has too compensate for England’s inability to play ‘possession football’. If we give away the ball so easily against other sides, better get the bags packed.

Failed passes was a big problem for both teams.

Typical Southgate performance. Caution took over, lacking the ability to control midfield, tactics completely neutralised Foden. A country of 67 million hanging on against a country of 6.6 million. Worst game of the tournament so far. England will need to do much better. In our favour tournament winners often start slow.

1 Like

Good solid start and the result you want. Bellingham was great. Roll on.

It was definitely the worst game so far. The one I’ve enjoyed most so far was Switzerland v Croatia

1 Like

Now I’ve got to try to get back to Düsseldorf- wish me luck!

3 Likes

Well we got the win but as predicted Southgate got positioning arse about face again. Foden is a number 10, Bellingham is an 8 and thoughTrent is good in midfield it should be as an inverted full back if Walker is right back then Trent should be on the bench.

We where totally overrun in midfield, Milinković-Savić ran that midfield because he is consistently one of the best in all of Europe at doing that and Southgate got his tactics wrong again.

Anyway onwards and upwards.

1 Like

If we start Bowen every game we’ll be ok :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Great city Düsseldorf I spent a lot of time working there in the 90’s some nice bars in the Alte Stadt really nice people too.

1 Like

I’m listening to the Beeb post match guff…….and all I’m hearing is excuses……….

Jude, Rice and Saka were excellent.

Also, nice to see ex-Saint’s favourite, Dusan Tadic.

2 Likes

Yeah love it Bob - DĂźsseldorf and Koln my two favourite German cities- prefer them to to Berlin

2 Likes

That’s England all over, nothing on the left wing whatsoever.