F1 - 2022 Season

This race is so wet it isn’t a race

In my day we’d just be sent out to race, these guys are way too soft. :rofl::rofl:

Sorry to see Ricciardo looks like he has no drive next season Pete. To me he has always come across as one of the good guys.

1 Like

Yes Mrs Pete were just talking about that, it is a shame and even if he get a seat it won’t be in a competitive car.

Well I used to really enjoy Formula One, but over the past few years it has been IMHO getting very pedestrian and inconsistent in its quality, mainly the administrative and race decisions and after last years finale debacle that was it for me. Haven’t watched a race since. A quick look on the BBC news site this morning hasn’t improved my opinion, if you are going to race then get on with it and try and avoid some of the basic mistakes like tyre choice.

The bottom line is I feel Formula One is at the end of its life, I do hope the Formula E will evolve and become the dominant aspect.

Tim

5 Likes

I’m struggling as well they can’t stay on the black stuff and the minute it’s gets wet they come in. Why can’t they drive to the conditions like all drivers have to do every day. If it’s wet slow down it’s not rocket science.

2 Likes

Well the FIA are saying that MV is World Champ again. Even if the commentators, teams, drivers and everyone else doesn’t think so. Apparently a rule which isn’t in the rules. Another farce.

1 Like

The decision was based I believe the following rule:

6.5 If a race is suspended in accordance with Article 57, and cannot be resumed, points for each title will be awarded in accordance with the following criteria:…

In this case the race was resumed and thus full points were granted.

Full regulations can be seen here: https://www.fia.com/sites/default/files/formula_1_-_sporting_regulations_-_2022_-_iss_6_-_2022-04-29.pdf

Some rewriting of the rules might be needed since this did not seem to be clear to anyone following the race today (me included) :rofl:

3 Likes

Only a farce if the rules are not fully read.

Full points if race is resumed.

3 Likes

I don’t have the exact clauses handy, but I heard there’s actually two clauses saying something different. So it depends on which one you follow.

Bit of a bizarre thing really.

Also that I think there should have been one more lap and they flagged to early.

Sorry F1 has become boring and full of rules that seem to have more than one meaning. Think every rule is judged according to teams pecking order rather than merit.

24 races next year will be like peelings onions.

3 Likes

Well said @Timbo , I also gave up on the “sport” after last year’s debacle.

However, to show there are no hard feelings, we should perhaps still congratulate Max Verstappen on winning his first world title.

2 Likes

Although there is a lot of brand exposure………the type of exposure is getting worse, surprised that one of the big manufacturers like Mercedes are still there.

1 Like

F1 has become worldchampionship debate the rules and is a serious threat to dragracing.

1 Like

We have a similar problem with our super car series, it relied on the Holden v Ford rivalry as both manufacturers had performance cars made locally. Both pulled up stumps, last 2 years they’ve been racing Mustangs v a Opal made Commador, brand meaning nothing and racing has become boring.

2 Likes

Very good. Lol.

1 Like

No, that’s simply wrong! Formula 1 does not feature Jennifer Aniston looking gorgeous each time.

I watched the race earlier. There was no mention of Max winning the title. All thorough they were clear that full points would not be awarded. They kept showing a table of the various points. Then checking my phone now it suggests he won.

F1 seems to taking every opportunity to shoot itself in the foot. Races decided by people who are not racing

1 Like

I think F1 is in a very sad state. However, no doubt it will be succesful based on the unbelieveably low level of of taste of many users these days. Just another reality tv show. It is quite sad for those of us that have enjoyed F1 racing for many years but are forced to concede that the sport has seen it’s best years.

2 Likes

With nothing in the rules specifying what to do, the FIA decided to award full points - against what the teams understood was the intention, and contrary to all historical precedent” BBC.