Nah, he could drive home.

1 Like

The joy of a team first and second.

images

Many here find it appealing tho

1 Like

Same podium when not choosing a still for character assassination:

3 Likes

That guy in the middle clearly looks like a spoiled brat with an abusive father. Hates that he didn’t win. Obviously!

1 Like

He looks more like a spoiled brat-wurst.

1 Like

10/10 for that one :joy:

I also think he ignored team orders and made the car too fast!

2 Likes

I have no issue with blindly following social media outbursts like yours just now. A spoiled brat-wurst he is!

1 Like

I’m dutch, so obviously a bit biased probably. But probably also more into dutch merites than into Max :wink:

Now, what I find interesting is the moral dilemma. Perez was only driven at 1st easily as MV had to start from 15th. Clearly he not only wanted to win the race but getting ahead of his teammate in the drivers championship was also on his mind.

Now what I find interesting is the innuendo surrounding “going for it”. Obviously MV wanted to try to get the fastest lap to prevent Perez from leading, but there also seemed to be teamorders that would imply as much.

First there was the somewhat strange call to have MV close in on Perez. Followed up with a call to keep laps similar and then (!!) a call to let them race (albeit vaguely worded).

Now, what I find interesting is the position for Perez for some reason it feels wrong to not only win the GP and be ok with just that, but also try to steel the fastest lap and get ahead in the championship.

I would have thought the order is the team is well defined but he seems to thinks otherwise. And this Is perhaps where favouritism kicks in and I assume MV to be team favourite by default.

But any way, Perez’ reaction after the race with playing surprised about MV going for fastest lap and pretending not to have done the exact same thing; to me, that is not very sportsmanlike at all!

1 Like

In short, Max did what he is paid to do, win as many points as he can.

The reason for the fuss on this thread is that there is a lot of Max hatred. There has been more fuss since Jeddah cause Max took fastest lap, did not smile on the podium and according to Rosberg did not arrive for a team meeting (real reason unknown) then there was for Hamilton throwing his whole team under the bus in the media after Bahrain.

At the end of the day all world champion material drivers push for the maximum and get upset when they cannot do that. That is why and how they become world champions.

3 Likes

Guys you seem to forget that these drivers are very competitive people, they have to be it’s their job to win. They’re also over paid and most come from very privileged families losing anything doesn’t come easy. I’m puzzled that you’re surprised by their behaviour.

6 Likes

Exactly this!

Just checked out SKY’s Villeneuve Pironi documentary. Doesn’t tell me anything new but does put things in context. Especially as only contact with F1 back then was a half hour race highlights programme from BBC1…

3 Likes

Not Lewis, he’s from da mean streets, the slums of Stevenage innit.

1 Like

Well I did say most, but I’ll stand by the rest of the post. They’re over paid and very competitive.

Defo worth watching the above documentary then, if you can get it over there?

2 Likes

Which one there’s a few on the streaming services here.

Most, I don’t know. Max’ dad grew up in a trailer overseeing the scrap yard. Overpaid, for sure. Taken too seriously, very much so. Watching the races is fun for me, all the (social) media surrounding the characters is usually out of context, biased, repetitive and unimportant in my view.

But I blame it all on the brat-wurst.

3 Likes

On SKY here

1 Like