F1 - 2023 Season

Maybe that’s why a lot of his cars looked like they were heading there before the chequered flag…He did have a few attempts at finishing himself off. If he’d been driving a 70’s/80’s car he wouldn’t be here!

I am not surprised the son turned up the way he did: could have been a lot worse judging by his father behaviour. I do have some sympathy for the kid!

“After a 1998 incident at a karting track in which a man suffered a fractured skull, Verstappen and his father, Frans, were found guilty in court of assault but were each given a five-year suspended jail sentence after reaching an out-of-court settlement with the victim.[33]

In December 2008, with the couple effectively separated, Verstappen appeared in court in Tongeren, Belgium, charged with assaulting his wife, Sophie Kumpen.[34] He was found not guilty of assault, but guilty of threatening Kumpen in text messages and of violating a previously issued restraining order. He was fined and sentenced to three months probational, suspended prison sentence.[35]

On 29 November 2011, the media reported allegations that Verstappen had assaulted his ex-girlfriend; Verstappen claimed to only have had a discussion with her.[36] In January 2012, he was arrested on attempted murder charges following accusations that he drove a car into his ex-girlfriend in Roermond,[37] but released two weeks later after the charge was withdrawn.[3

Come on guys you’ve already the entertainment industry in Downing Street. You just can’t have it all.

3 Likes

His trial for a change of career did not go down as expected!:sunglasses:

2 Likes

Very good!

Perhaps he could try Haas instead

Perhaps they could use him as a speed hump :grin:

1 Like

I suspect that comment could be construed as being insulting to speed humps.

1 Like

Have you signed up at the R.S.P.S.H already?

Royal Society for Protection of Speed Humps?

I don’t have any sympathy for speed humps I once tripped over one and broke my wrist.

1 Like

Are you sure it wasn’t a Speed Bump? Speed Bumps are much more aggressive than the rather lovely and forgiving Speed Humps.

In my country there is no discernible difference between a speed hunp and a mountain.

The one I tripped over was the size of a barrel, my wife watched it happen from across the road. She couldn’t believe I didn’t see it the good thing is I never broke the bottle of wine I was buying.

4 Likes

Gosh, so Verstappen senior is basically a thug

A driver/commentator referred to him as someone you’d like to have in the trenches with you…

1 Like

Hamilton says:

"I don’t know if people know, but we sit closer to the front wheels than all the other drivers. Our cockpit is too close to the front.

“When you’re driving, you feel like you’re sitting on the front wheels, which is one of the worst feelings to feel when you’re driving a car.”

If these are to scale, he is correct.

1 Like

It’s funny isn’t it. They say if it looks wrong, it probably is. The Merc and McLaren aren’t pretty are they?!

The Red Bull looks noticeably slimmer and less bulky. The RB drivers helmet is defo nearer the rear of the car.

Gary Anderson wrote an informative piece on The-Race dot com about this and why it is more important to some drivers.

I think it harks back to the days of Merc dominance. It was mostly engine based, so the car was built around the engine.

RedBull, with Adrian Newey, would be more earo focused and make demands on the engine shape. I.e. compactness. One of the reasons why they broke with Renault as well.

1 Like

If he used a pair of varifocal glasses, they could be designed to make the wheels look further away and the red bulls down the track closer.

That would at least make him feel better. :blush:

2 Likes