F1 - 2023 Season

Feel sorry for Checo, but at least everyone got to see the RB floor design thanks to those massive cranes they use at Monaco. I bet Newey is a bit peed off right now

1 Like

RB.

1 Like

Merc. Looks a bit more basic to me.

1 Like

Alonso was very impressive again.

3 Likes

I wonder if the RedBull really was the fastest car today, but that last sector by Verstappen was just pure magic.

And a great drive by Alonso as well like @davidhendon said.

2 Likes
1 Like

The lack of long straights definitely left them exposed. Looking forward to a great battle this afternoon between Max and Alonso

2 Likes

Autosport:

“Many were quick to note that, when the RB19 was lifted, it stayed far more level than the Mercedes, which tipped towards its rear to suggest a biased weight distribution.”

1 Like

interesting, sounds sub-optimal for mercedes

What a drive for Verstappen!

3 Likes

Too many pit stops Fernando! We will win the next one!

3 Likes

It would be insane if he wins the Spanish GP!

3 Likes

I winced when they put him on the mediums but, on reflection, he had more to lose if he had gone for inters straight away and the rain had stopped as opposed to the way it ended up. Just a shame he didn’t stay out for one more lap before his first stop

1 Like

I suspect he knew he could only get second unless something dramatic happened, and then called the gamble himself. One lap was enough to know he called it wrong but also knew he had enough in hand to swap to inters and still get second.

2 Likes

Ocon’s reaction was fun to watch. Alonso did well and it was good to see Hamilton at P4.

2 Likes

Max deserved to win but he was lucky, that brush of the Armco late in the race due to sliding wide from touching an inside curb could have been the end of his race. Somehow this year despite his many Armco brushes, he never did it hard enough to get a puncture or suspension damage. But in other years he hasn’t been so fortunate.

For a Monaco GP weekend, it was more entertaining than most and the rain did add a bit. All the incidents were minor touches of another car or the Armco. Overall I feel there was some amazing driving from everyone, that there wasn’t a safety car or red flag is probably the most surprising thing about the weekend.

Interestingly that that seems to contradict what’s being said in the article linked above.

Next up Spain.
Alonso FTW! :sunglasses:
Yes I am pulling for that old guy. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

I think it is time to state that Lance Stroll has no business being in F1. I am saying this as a fellow Canadian!
Compare what Alonso is doing in the same car to Stroll. Stroll is ridiculously out performed, just as he has been with all of his team mates. Good thing for him his daddy owns the team.

2 Likes

Oh I dunno. Sometimes he’s good for a laugh.

I was counting how many things he hit yesterday. Until I ran out of fingers.

5 Likes