F1 - 2023 Season

Excellent way of showing it. Assuming it is accurate.

They look like ants all the way back there don’t they! Here’s another one…

1 Like

Hmm.

1 Like

Makes sense. Do you think Marko might ditch Perez and stick Lawson in. Especially after his racist comments about him

now that does look like F1 car vs. bunch of F2 cars. Mercs are F3 cars. :laughing:

1 Like

I find it telling how close together the others seem to be in comparison.

Also notable is the Noah’s ark like line up of the top eight, the exception being Perez, or Max depending on your perspective!

(And Alonso and Albon further along come to that.)

Sainz is more in line with Verstappen than Perez, no?

Russell continues to get treated as the number 2 driver at Merc. Which is guess he is. Stitched up by his team today.

Russell would have never kept Sainz behind due to his tyre deg and if left in front of Hamilton would have likely allowed Sainz to pass both. Merc made a hard pragmatic choice to maximise the team points haul. F1 is cruel sometimes, Russell took a gamble on a two-stop that didn’t come off, if he was a bit faster it may well have done.

1 Like

I think Merc put Russell on a 1 stop to separate the two cars on the track. It was clearly slower. He was the only driver to 1 stop.

1 Like

Not at all. This wan’t about Lewis scoring points over George. It was about maximising team points overall. Lewis would have eventually been taken by Sainz. Sainz would have swept past George and Merc would be down two places behind Sainz.

2 Likes

I think you missed my point.

1 Like

This was also the opinion of the F1TV commentators. After Lewis tried to drive him off the road them separating the cars.

Apologies.

1 Like

Sorry, I was a bit blunt.

1 Like

1 Like

Winning the WDC not in GP would be “odd”.

1 Like

That would be 3 odd championship wins in a row for him. 1 - controversy, 2 - confusion, 3 - not in GP

What can we expect for #4? :joy:

1 Like

Calling it now…ending race under safety car after 3 laps in heavy rain (a la Spa 2021).