F1 - 2024 Season

Heard that Logan Seargent has put on extra 5kg over the winter. Weight matters!

Doesn’t matter, he’ll finish last anyhow.

1 Like

Yeah I thought he was out.

It’s just strange nothing has been reported.

Well, we still don’t know what he’s been accused of, apart from ‘controlling’ behaviour, from a F1 Team Controller.

Seems that he was ‘grilled’ for what, ten hours, last week?

Which must have been rather intense.

If all else is equal. Verstappen is among the heavier drivers for example.

It’s a physical sport, muscle is heavier than fat, where does the 5kg come from?

The following is (google translated) from last week’s De Telegraaf article…

The riot within Formula 1 team Red Bull Racing around the independent investigation into team boss Christian Horner appears to be one of great proportions. The female employee who reported to the headquarters of the billion-dollar Austrian company in December 2023 accuses Horner of sexually cross-border behavior.

and

From the app traffic between the female employee of Red Bull and Horner, seen by De Telegraaf, the image shows that Horner (50) has sent sexually explicit messages to the employee regularly and over a considerable period of time.

The same article also says that Horner tried to settle with the accuser on Feb 2 for £650k. Not necessarily an admission of guilt but it doesn’t look good.

https://archive.is/20240217221823/https://www.telegraaf.nl/sport/709131520/teambaas-christian-horner-van-red-bull-racing-beticht-van-seksueel-grensoverschrijdend-gedrag

Blimey!

I forgot to post it yesterday when I looked but the Independent newspaper said the timeline for resolution of the investigation was before the first race so by 1 March I think?

Think he would have been gone by now if all that was true.

Seen on a french board:

Blockquote Alonso : “19 pilotes savent maintenant qu’ils ne gagneront pas le titre”
Au troisième et dernier jour des essais de Bahreïn, le constat est on ne peut plus clair dans l’esprit de Fernando Alonso : Max Verstappen file déjà vers le titre !

Translation:
Alonso: “19 drivers now know they won’t win the title”.
On the third and final day of testing in Bahrain, Fernando Alonso’s mind was clear: Max Verstappen

Nothing after that interrogation. Absolutely nothing! this is so strange.

Telegraaf is a sensationalist right wing piece of crap. I’d not use it as toilet paper.

5 Likes

Sensationalism aside, the fact that they claim to have seen the evidence is pretty damning and I understand Van Haren is known as a reliable voice in F1 reporting (albeit a mouthpiece of the Verstappens/Marko). I doubt he would risk his reputation by pedaling falsehoods.

Anyway, on to the interesting stuff - Ted’s post testing standings…

1. Red Bull (between 0.3-0.8 sec faster than Ferrari)

2. Ferrari (about 0.2-0.3 sec faster than Mercedes)

3. Mercedes (about 0.2-0.3 sec faster than McLaren)

4. McLaren

5. Aston Martin

6. RB

7. Williams

8. Alpine

9. Sauber

10. Haas

1 Like

2nd that

2 Likes

Well, today is the day we should get the announcement from RB regarding Horner’s future at RB.
One thing worthy of note is that Horner is not on the list for the team principles press conference on Thursday. It is very very unusual for the team principle of the previous seasons wining team not to be at the first press conference. Maybe the FIA know something that we don’t ?

Well, if he is in any way guilty of the accusations I hope they fire his derriere.

It seems the way of the world with the large woke/politically correct corporations, when the mud starts flying, you get fired, guilty or not.

He seems to have a lot of enemies in high places (within Red Bull) that want him out (jealous of his success?) so, either way, I would not expect him to be in situe come first practice.

3 Likes

Even if they don’t know, I think it’s a sensible precaution. What if he is found guilty and suddenly doesn’t turn up etc. It makes sense from their pov to wait things out.

1 Like