F1 - 2024 Season

Cannot help feel there is still an undercurrent to get rid of Christian Horner………might have hoped someone would have crept out of the woodwork to say that the unfounded rumours have been put to bed and this is good for Red Bull?

Probably he settled out of court?
Looks like we will never know what really happened according to the F1 official statement. They are keeping it under the carpet.
so all 'n’all, it seems all these noises amounted to nothing after all.

Whatever, if it remains (as it should) a closed book …….
…. no smoke without fire, cards have been marked etc… I wonder how it went down at home, a bit “spicy” I suspect.

4 Likes

FFS, just turned on practice on SKY Sports and it’s still all they’re talking about.

Move on. Discuss the sport.

2 Likes

Turn the volume down and just watch the action and follow the on screen timing. :sunglasses:

First practice finished, but hardly an indication of things to come.

1 Like

I agree. However, for Daniel, it must be nice to be at the top of the timesheet again.

1 Like

Interesting and fun.

1 Like

Didn’t last long though…
What happened to Norris ….last?

It looks like Red Bull has been focusing on long runs with a fullish tank, Max was looking good then. Tomorrow we might see Red Bull going for a time and normal service will be resumed. Good to see the Merc and Aston at the top and Sains in 4th even if it won’t last.

1 Like

I’m not convinced about the full tank runs,
The concerns look to be in the systems and chassis … after FP1 Max is reported as saying … “Everything is s***. Like, miles off.” and … “Very inconsistent downshifts again,”
After FP2 he was 6th and 0.5sec behind LH. no comments reported.
Whatever, with el supremo Newey at the engineering helm, no one finer to get it analysed & fixed.

Sounds like the saga is far from over…

`Someone is going scorched earth here

1 Like

Merc is saying Red Bull is ahead, and Max is complaining. Pundits say Red Bull are sandbagging. Roll and Saturday when we will see how it all plays out.

No sidepods and now sandbagging. Will Toto replace Horner next? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

It seems that whoever is trying to get rid of Horner is not giving up yet.

1 Like

For those who don’t know, the first two GP races of the season will take place on Saturday - not Sunday - due to Ramadan in those countries.

This weekend:

1 Like

Here we go !

Alpine schmalpine.

Shame, Gasley was on Oxford (Enstone) local radio this morning, so full of hope and positivity. Now both out in Q1 at 19th and 20th, here’s hoping they have something to fix overnight.

Haven’t watched any of it but from the timings it looks like Max has gone from sandbagging to teabagging :sweat_smile:

Is the season over?

2 Likes